• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Does anyone know of a good safety goggle that will not break the bank and will not fog up?
    Background...
    Of course you should always use eye protection. When I shoot, I like to wear hats and use earmuffs. There are problems with this. The junction over your ear can get a little crowded with the ear piece for the glasses, the hat band and the ear muffs. Also, sometimes the cheek weld can be a bit awkward because the earmuffs can hit the stock, bump the glasses and mess with the hat a bit. Yeah, I can work around it and get a comfortable fit, but if I can take one variable out then that helps.

I bought a pair of Wiley X goggles (I cannot remember which model). I liked them, but there was some things I did not like. They fog up real easy in the summer. Also, I had to keep the elastic band loose, otherwise it would hurt the bony area between my eyes around the bridge of my nose. I really like that they came with clear, tinted and yellow lenses, and could be swapped out. I also like that the goggle does not extend much past eyelash distance in front of my face. Since I do not wear glasses most of the time, it is a bit more natural to barely see the frames as much since they are closer to the cheek/eyebrow area and not sticking out. They look a bit goofy, but I am over 40 and do not care so much.

Have any of you tried goggles? Did you find something you like? I am not really interested in the ski looking military wide and big goggles. I am looking for more of a safety glasses, but set deep kind of thing. Thanks!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm assuming you are talking about shooting a long gun...

I wear contacts when shooting clays...use my oakley flak's and a set of peltor 100's with the gel cups. If I am shooting without contacts, I use my glasses and the same muff setup...I also add foam earplugs though.

As far as fogging goes, I've NEVER had anything fog up in the summer except for when coming in/out of AC due to condensation...especially when shooting.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I shoot both, but rifle is where some of the ear/cheek/rifle issues come to play. I often wear the 3 flange 3M/Peltor plugs under my muffs. Using these with the electronic muffs, I can still hear. I am also a musician, so I value my ears quite a bit.

Top Bottom