• HTA Kestrel 5.56 can
    • TLR-1s light
    • Aimpoint PRO
    • Magpul MS3 (set as 2 point)
    • Ace buttstock (10" range)
    • YHM FF handguard
    • Black Hills 5.56 50gr Barnes TSX
    • Nib BCG
    • Noveske adjustable gas block (3 position)

Overall length is 35" as it sits. I want to make it smaller. No interest in making the barrel shorter due to bullet design.

Want something that will not compromise the functionality of the rifle.

I took it out for some 50 yard fun last Sunday and noticed yet again that it is a bit unwieldy. Don't want to lose the can either as that is a big plus for me.

I have another SBR with an ACE-ARFX-E entry stock. It is in the 7" range. Plan to swap out lowers for the time being to see if the 3" difference makes a difference.

Want something that can be banged around. Short as possible. Does not need to be extendable as this is set to be a house (CQB) gun. If I want to shoot distance I have others for that.

Have seen a few options where they use a different BCG, buffer and spring set up. Not sure how reliable these are, especially when running a can.

Had considered just going pistol with it and having no butt stock at all, but then getting any sight acquisition is tougher if needed.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I run a ACS-L on a 6-position tube and it is completely comfortable in the forward position...would something like that be an option? I think the ACS-L is roughly 8" in length.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The NEA is out because you have to use some of their parts and I hear that replacements are all but impossible to get.

The MVB is looking nice. Not too keen on the price point without testing it. Another concern is the selector when closed. Is it tough to get to this?

The ACS-L is about a full inch over the ACE I have on another SBR so it is out.

I like the RRA Entry for size and snag free. Plus the cost is stupid low. Probably because there is nothing there.

The Troy short tomahawk uses a proprietary buffer and bolt so a little shy of that one.

LWRC ultra short is interesting as well.

I need to look deeper into these options. Thanks for all the input.

Really need to be sure that the shorter buffers (where needed) will still work with my can. I want it to function as reliably as it does now.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Magpul came out with their SL-K. Kinda LWRCish, just not sure on how the 2 compare length wise but it's an interesting low cost option. Thinking about using one on a future SBR

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    1824.jpg

Top Bottom