Shot my 2nd glock today and I must say I'm changing my mind on them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Nothing wrong with a Glock, but just do the world a favor, and NEVER OC it. ;)

Guess I've been giving the world the finger for a couple weeks now.

I'm not a Glock guy either but form and function both work with them and that's why I ended up with mine. I know guns aren't supposed to be comfortable their supposed to be comforting but it's actually comfortable for me.

I don't like the G26 myself, wife has it and it hurts my hand to shoot, to each their own I guess. I picked up a G19, haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but I OC it. I prefer my XDm and 1911 to it but the G19 its the proper size if not a little small for me to carry and easily CC if I decide to do that (not likely). The aftermarket really is amazing for it and I've already begun that process, hopefully next month I can ge the trigger worked on and then it's just night sights and done for me and I'll have my EDC sorted.

Whatever you choose good luck to you.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    I love my Glock but am still torn on my Walther P99 and now am looking at the PPQ : /

But Glocks are still great but Walther is my first love, cant tear away from them lol.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Glocks are great handguns. Truth is, I carry a Glock most of the time. My other handguns are left in the safe begging for attention (don't worry, they get attention at the range).

For example, tonight I have selected a lovely lady at my side. While I usually select a smaller framed lady for warmer weather, I felt compelled to grab my full size 10mm tonight.

Enjoy the Glock!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have 2 1911's and love them like no other, but I have come to really like the Glocks as well. :ar15: :yesway:

1911s and Glocks. I own and carry both also. Nothing wrong with either platform I like the looks of the 1911 better but the reliability VS cost edge goes to glock (excluding the gen 4 of course)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I am not a big glock man either. I have purchased a G19 and a G26 in the last couple months and I have to say I like them for what they are and that is small enough to conceal and easy to shoot.

I still hate the trigger safety bar but am getting used to it.
    I've learned to love the feel of the trigger sliding back to the stop point right before it goes bang. It's depressing the firing pin safety then there is a little tightening. A little more pressure and she goes.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Guess I've been giving the world the finger for a couple weeks now.

I'm not a Glock guy either but form and function both work with them and that's why I ended up with mine. I know guns aren't supposed to be comfortable their supposed to be comforting but it's actually comfortable for me.

I don't like the G26 myself, wife has it and it hurts my hand to shoot, to each their own I guess. I picked up a G19, haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but I OC it. I prefer my XDm and 1911 to it but the G19 its the proper size if not a little small for me to carry and easily CC if I decide to do that (not likely). The aftermarket really is amazing for it and I've already begun that process, hopefully next month I can ge the trigger worked on and then it's just night sights and done for me and I'll have my EDC sorted.

Whatever you choose good luck to you.
    Interesting that you would carry a weapon that you haven't fired yet. I'm not that brave. I have to know that it shoots and where it will hit.

Pockets McGee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    I have to say, I was not a fan either. found a good deal on a 27 and bought it. I love this little firecracker. It changed my mind.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Seen countless people say they hate glocks, then drill the x-ring their first time out with them, and scratch my head as to why they still dislike them.

Guess it isn't a matter of performance for most.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I do enjoy my Glocks and they make great carry guns, but I just wish I could get a better trigger. Don't know why, I can shoot all my other pistols all day, no problem, but with both my Glocks, those triggers rip up my finger. Is it bad enough to stop me from carrying them? Nope. After all, Im hoping in a firefight that I don't have to fire over 50 rounds, not like I carry that many rounds anyway. I say, if you like it, go for it. Only you know what will work or wont with you.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Never been a fan of the Gen 3's but when they reworked the grip, and made it adjustable, for the Gen 4's, I get form *and* function.

They're still ugly as sin but they feel nice and shoot well. My regular carry weapon is a Glock 22.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I like the looks of the Glock myself. I have 6 and it's about all I shoot. I can honestly say I've never had a problem with any Glock for the 22 years I've been shooting. I have had problems with bad ammo, but the same ammo did the same thing with my USP and Springfield.
    My edc is a G30. I also carry a G21, G31 and a G20 at times. I shoot the G17 better than any other gun I've shot.

Last edited:

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Never been a fan of the Gen 3's but when they reworked the grip, and made it adjustable, for the Gen 4's, I get form *and* function.

They're still ugly as sin but they feel nice and shoot well. My regular carry weapon is a Glock 22.

I have a g26 and g19 gen 4 and I completely agree about the grips. That is why I made the switch from the xdm platform.
    I have owned NAA, ruger, Springfield, beretta, kahr, and glock is my favorite.
    While I mostly carry my kahr for comfort I like the feel of the glocks the best.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Yeah Yeah, I always said that Glocks were not my thing but I think the gun I've been trying to find for a while might actually be the Glock 26. Me and my cousin went to the range today and he's always had Glocks. He just recently picked up his G26 and I put a few mags through it and I gotta say I was VERY accurate with it and, I liked it but shhhhh don't tell anyone . I would consider myself a good shot with my pistols but I was REAL good with it. It felt very good in my hand and the size is small enough I could easily conceal it when necessary. I think I might have to have one now. Still not crazy about the looks of them but if I can shoot it that good I can get over the looks.

PLEASE SOMEONE STOP ME BEFORE I DO THE UNTHINKABLE AND BUY ONE!
    :D
    There's nothing wrong with having a Glock in your inventory. It's like having an old pair of sneakers around for when you don't want to get your good shoes messed up.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    There's nothing wrong with having a Glock in your inventory. It's like having an old pair of sneakers around for when you don't want to get your good shoes messed up.
    Or when it's important to actually hit the target in question, be it live or otherwise...:popcorn:

Top Bottom