• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I got out my new M1 today. She is a field grade rifle. She didn't disappoint. Only took 6 shots to sight in and me and my cousin were hitting 4 inch clay targets at 100 yds. I also shot my K98. I LOVE MY M1 MUCH BETTER THOUGH! I think I'm obsessed with it. :shoot: :rockwoot:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I bought 2 FG Garands...one had a stiffer pull on the OP Rod than the other, figured the spring was weaker in the other, so took it out an atretched it a little, now its about like the other, maybe just a little stiffer....both have shot hundreds of rounds flawless.....wonder if there is a way to check the op spring to know when its getting too weak....?

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Some come with good springs, some with worn.

Spending $10 to reduce wear on your piece of history is worth the peace of mind.

Don't forget those Garands love grease.

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    So here is a stupid question for you? Was this at a shoot or the north store in Ohio? What did you have to do to join the CMP?

It's all on their website. Just showed them my birth certificate, hunters safety course card, or LTCH works too. Also showed I was a member of one of their member clubs. This is on their site too.

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I've been wanting one for over 14 years. I got it to honor my grandpa. He was a soldier in ww2. Plus they're fun to shoot. I can see why our boys loved them. It's worth the trip to pick your own.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    There's length spec for the op spring but right now I don't know what it is without looking it up. It seems the spring has to get pretty bad before you have a lot of trouble. I've seen several that were broken. That doesn't mean that using a bad spring is good. It's more a testament to the hardiness of the design.

No Dave, I still haven't found all of those parts. But they're right here somewhere.

Top Bottom