• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I was wondering what kind of limitations such as stock type (like could i use a tactical stock etc) that indiana has in place ,if any, for hunting deer or small game. I know it ovbiously has to have an 18" barrel to be legal to even own but i am not sure about any other limitations.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Other than making sure the bbl is at least 18", the only limitations that I can think of are that for certain game, like waterfowl, you have to modify the magazine with a plug insert so you can't have more than 3 total shells in the shotgun. 1 chambered and 2 in the tube. Might be the same way for quail and pheasant, too.

I see plenty of "camo'd out" shotguns for sale with adjustable stocks. I have to PRESUME that since they're marketed at hunters, turkey hunters at that, that they're OK.

But, having said the above, I'm neither a hunter nor a lawyer. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

-J-

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    DNR - Division of Fish & Wildlife: Hunting & Trapping Guide

Here is the Indiana DNR site. Pay special attention to the hunting/trapping guide. You can d/l it in .pdf format.

Off the cuff, that fantastic plastic crap doesn't fly on my shotgun. If it helps *YOU* tighten up your slug groups or shot patterns - use what the DNR will let you.

My experience is that a properly fitted, full-stock will provide the best results.

IMO

Last edited:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I use an adjustable stock on my Winchester 1300 slug gun, one of the sliding military M4 style carbine versions. I like it for the simple reason that it fits me better when weather conditions dictate very light or heavy cold weather clothing.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Yeah i just have a stock 500 right now but i don't like the factory foregrip because its so loose feeling and was thinking about upgrading my stock when i change the foregrip but ill probably just get a hogue overmold or something similar

thanks for the replies guys

Top Bottom