• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodro29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let me start off by saying that I am new to gun world. I am trying to make sure I do everything by the book when it comes to paper work and to make sure I CYA!! But I recently bought a g23 off a guy (i didnt know him, he said he was a former dealer). After inspecting it closely found that none of the numbers are matching. Is this something that i should worry about? The other funny part was he didn't care if we did paper work for the gun. I thought it was needed and told him that if I didn't have it for me I wasn't going to do the sale.
    :dunno:
    I have read a lot of forums and have learned a lot from this site. Thanks to everyone

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There is no registration in Indiana.
    The only number that matters is the serial #
    on the frame and it can not be obliterated in any way.

Other than that you are GTG.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    After inspecting it closely found that none of the numbers are matching. Is this something that i should worry about?
    No.

The other funny part was he didn't care if we did paper work for the gun. I thought it was needed and told him that if I didn't have it for me I wasn't going to do the sale.
    Paperwork isn't required for a private transaction between Indiana residents.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Age 18 and same-state residency?

It's no different than buying or selling a used bicycle, lawn mower, etc.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    for me unless it was a really good price then i would have went new. i dont really like buying guns used unless its older military guns. plus for what ive seen some used hand guns selling for i could spend just a little more and bought new anyway.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I am new to gun world. I am trying to make sure I do everything by the book when it comes to paper work and to make sure I CYA!! But I recently bought a g23 off a guy (i didnt know him, he said he was a former dealer). After inspecting it closely found that none of the numbers are matching. Is this something that i should worry about? The other funny part was he didn't care if we did paper work for the gun. I thought it was needed and told him that if I didn't have it for me I wasn't going to do the sale.
    :dunno:
    I have read a lot of forums and have learned a lot from this site. Thanks to everyone

Which numbers don't match? As Printcraft mentioned the only one that really matters is the SN on the frame of the gun. Some manufacturers put the SN on the Slide, Barrel and where ever else they can stick it. They are only important if you live in other countries.

Now the important question, How does it shoot?! :ar15:

Woodro29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I did check the faq's and was unable to find anything, or maybe i didnt look long enough. Also the numbers on the base of the gun dont match the slide and barrel numbers. Where my other glock they all match.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom