Should I get the Henry Golden Boy Youth or standard for my son?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    This will be my son's first gun. Although he is still a baby now, for a couple of reasons that aren't important I will be buying the gun soon. I see they have a youth model, but I don't know how much of a difference it would make for a young shooter. Anyone with experience either way, please weigh in. Thanks!

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    This question comes up every couple of months here. If it were me, I would get the youth model, plus buy a full size stock that he can grow into.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    a Cricket may not be a bad investment either. Needing to get one for the kids soon...

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    First, the GoldenBoy is heavy. Second, if you don't have long arms or tall I would go with a youth model. I'm less than 6 ft and I don't have the youth. I would of gotten the youth model if I purchased it again. My son is 6 and I don't see him using it until he's in jr high. He uses a cricket right now and for his arm length and strength it's just right. Just take some time and feel both of them in your hands. You will see the difference and just imagine if your their age.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the advice guys. I assumed that would be the response I got, but the wooden furniture on the adult model look so much better than the youth.

Top Bottom