• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Dear Mr. Obvious, As you well know having a good belt is the foundation upon which good carry is established.
    This being the case I wanted to make sure I bought one up to the task. I settled on an 1.5" solid leather belt in black.
    When I first tried it on 6 months ago it was perfect, but I'm wondering if it may have been coated or impregnated with something that could cause it to shrink?
    It just seems much tighter than it should be and I'm using the same hole I was before.
    Whatever is in the belt must be rubbing off on my pants as well because they seem to be shrinking too.
    So Mr. Obvious I was wondering is there something I can do to fix this belt? If not can I use something on my next one to prevent this from happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

scully

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    For criminy sakes caller that's not a belt. It's a Boa Constrictor. It's not shrinking It's trying to sqeeze you to death.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We're all having that shrinking issue. Guess we gotta take that part just under the belt and to the back off the chair and get it doing something.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We're all having that shrinking issue. Guess we gotta take that part just under the belt and to the back off the chair and get it doing something.

As a charter member of the Skinny Boys Club, I can confirm that we don't all have that shrinking issue...

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    My belt keeps getting bigger, and I've run out of holes! I may need to punch some new ones....

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Unfortunatley, my belt has the same problem. But then I eat less and it gets larger. Than it gets smaller. Then larger. Then smaller. Them more small. Then even more small. Then it's time for a new belt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    So this brings up an idea I have had for a week or two now. I need to get a belt, would prefer leather, but am a student and not really in a good spot to drop a ton of money on a belt. From the reviews, it seems like several brands are out there that would unquestionably fine, but I just am nervous that I would spend $75 and not like the belt or whatever. So, are there any guys who have uh, grown, who would be interested in selling a used belt that they cannot wear any more? I guess I should post this in Accessories WTB also. PM me if you fit this bill. I am looking for 38-40 waist.

Top Bottom