• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I have three of the Sig 1911's..... the GSR 5", the Platinum Elite 4", and the 1911 Carry Nitron 4". All of the three have performed flawlessly. I've considered the Sig P220 SAO, but I haven't located on to get my hands on yet. You're welcome to shoot the ones I have, if you're interested.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Love my 220 enough I've been looking at the 1911s and almost bought one a couple of weeks ago. I think that the problems out of their 250 scared me off buying a new 1911 from them.
    I've had a few people shoot my 220 and almost all of them have double tapped by accident. You might want to be aware of that initially.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The Sig 1911 Tactical is my third 1911, and I have to say it's an outstanding gun thus far. The trigger isn't the greatest, if I had to guess I'd say mine breaks around 6 lbs, I haven't measured it yet. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if it broke cleanly at 6lbs, but it feels a bit...spongy. The front strap checkering is very aggressive on mine, I'm not sure about the other models, I have however adjusted to this and now prefer it. The level of grip is unmatched.

Mine looks to be pretty similar to the model you linked to: http://www.omghost.net/images/guns/1911/sig/3.jpg

I'm planning on getting a new trigger and grips soon. Other than that, I have no complaints at all.

Last edited:

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I have a Sig C3 that has not given me any problems other than typical 1911 type break in stuff (inertia feed on last round in mag). That went away and has been a great carry piece.

The trigger is a tiny bit spongy, but not much different than my expensive Kimber.

Mark

Top Bottom