• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    I got a buddy looking at a used Sig 556, he asked me to check out what they are selling for. I saw Cabela's selling new ones for $999, I thought they were typically $1600..........
    Is this a great deal?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Statisitcally speaking, if you can get them for a grand at Gander, you could probably find one at a LGS for 750 :P

Honestly no idea on the price, never looked into them. Impact guns has them around 1200/1400, the pistol Sig556 is closer to 1000.. hopefully that's not the mixup..

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a SIG 556 and the original asking price on these were +$1600 when they first came out. I was lucky though and got one with all Swiss internals with a 4-screw top rail(only a couple hundred). Sig 556s ran into problems when they were later produced here in the US. Problems arose with the bolt peening on the sides of the receiver. These problems have since been remedied, but a quick break-down should be performed when purchasing. There is the Classic model with Swiss-style folding stock or the M4-style with a buffer tube attached to the receiver. I replaced this and put on an ACE folding stock. These are great guns if you get a good one. Piston-driven means better reliability than direct impingement. There is no need to run the silly thing wet. Mine will eat anything and the stock trigger is unbelievable. Good luck in the search.

Top Bottom