Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Why must SIG insist on these silly "ported slides" , seriously I like the idea but either use a threaded comp or magnaport the SOB

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Why must SIG insist on these silly "ported slides" , seriously I like the idea but either use a threaded comp or magnaport the SOB
    I think it originally started about the time idpa started allowing compensators, at first idpa said permanently attached and “not screwed on or pinned on” that’s about the time the specter comp 365 and 320 came out.

Now the idpa rule says screwed on is ok, but now sig has the tooling and machining processes in place, so why not make them, and if I had unlimited funds, I’d probably own 1 of every sig made, I’ve thought about buy the ported slide for my 320 legion just for competition

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I think it originally started about the time idpa started allowing compensators, at first idpa said permanently attached and “not screwed on or pinned on” that’s about the time the specter comp 365 and 320 came out.

Now the idpa rule says screwed on is ok, but now sig has the tooling and machining processes in place, so why not make them, and if I had unlimited funds, I’d probably own 1 of every sig made, I’ve thought about buy the ported slide for my 320 legion just for competition

Ewwww IDPA as a justification is even worse as we all know it stands for I Don't Participate Anymore, but then again it's so silly JJ Racaza was able to win IDPA nationals on his first try shooting it lol.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    That’s when
    Ewwww IDPA as a justification is even worse as we all know it stands for I Don't Participate Anymore, but then again it's so silly JJ Racaza was able to win IDPA nationals on his first try shooting it lol.
    That’s when he isn’t fighting DQ’s

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    That’s when

That’s when he isn’t fighting DQ’s
    Find me an IDPA shooter that can win USPSA nationals on the first try at the sport I will be willing to wait.
    Find me any shooter, that muzzles himself, gets dq’d, and just so happens to be sponsored by the match sponsor, then wins the idpa nationals on his first try…I won’t have to wait because…well…

From DQ to DM!

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    For starters, the meager attempt at a beavertail, the right-side slide release, the triangular magazine release, the rail, the flat trigger, the squared-serrated-bullnose trigger guard, the expansion chamber, the cutouts in the business end of the slide, the magazine hanging below the 'carry-size' grip, the revolver-like grip that is fatter at the bottom, the front serrations, the optics cut-out plate, the NOT snag-free sights. Please note that I am not claiming none of these things are useful and desirable to some folks, merely that the sum total that is this gun, is ugly.
    Yes, I do own, and shoot, a Glock 21. It is also ugly, but not quite on this level. When someone makes a 1911 that is as easy to shoot as the Glock 21, without all the unnecessary (to me) accoutrement, I'll go back to a 'real' gun.
    Please excuse me, I have to sit down now. :cool:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For starters, the meager attempt at a beavertail, the right-side slide release, the triangular magazine release, the rail, the flat trigger, the squared-serrated-bullnose trigger guard, the expansion chamber, the cutouts in the business end of the slide, the magazine hanging below the 'carry-size' grip, the revolver-like grip that is fatter at the bottom, the front serrations, the optics cut-out plate, the NOT snag-free sights. Please note that I am not claiming none of these things are useful and desirable to some folks, merely that the sum total that is this gun, is ugly.
    Yes, I do own, and shoot, a Glock 21. It is also ugly, but not quite on this level. When someone makes a 1911 that is as easy to shoot as the Glock 21, without all the unnecessary (to me) accoutrement, I'll go back to a 'real' gun.
    Please excuse me, I have to sit down now. :cool:
    Tell me you are new to Sig every polymer striker fired gun without telling me that you are new to Sig every polymer striker fired gun...

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Let it be known that I have had a full-size Sig P320. I sold it to buy the G21g4. Neither of those facts means that either of those items is attractive. I also have a Kahr CM9 (unattractive), KT P32 (indifferent looking), and P365 (eh), and a Browning Buckmark (pretty!). The ugly ones do their jobs, nicely. I am living proof that you don't have to be pretty to do the job.

Top Bottom