• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I like the lower with full ambi controls and integrated QD sling swivel sockets, but I'm really surprised they took a step "backward" and went DI with this gun, after having introduced their 516 piston carbine last year.

And I don't think the price will be as butt-puckering as some might imagine; the full-blown 516 is running about $1400, and they just introduced a "patrol" version without the rail at just over $1100. I don't have pricing on the M400 yet, but I'd expect high-900s once the newness wears off.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would rather have the direct gas impingement system myself. I have always had good luck with it in the service and as a civilian. Of course, I have never had to use it in a dusty environment like the Middle East.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I love my 556, so I have had nothing but luck with SIGs. Just don't think I'm going to go crazy and buy one especially since I already own a STAG that is flawless. I do like the Ambi controls though. +1 on that. I think SIG is trying almost too fast to change with the times and bring out a bunch of new guns. They should just stick with what has made them such a repubatable company and concentrate on their handguns.:twocents:

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I picked one up at Blythe's in Griffith on Saturday. I couldn't make a 2.5 hour trip and come back empty handed.... :D

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I would rather have the direct gas impingement system myself. I have always had good luck with it in the service and as a civilian. Of course, I have never had to use it in a dusty environment like the Middle East.

Most everyone I've spoken to about the two systems that are military or are otherwise knowledgable about the AR platform has told me that piston ARs are answer to a problem that doesn't really exist. :dunno:

I'd stick with a DI setup myself.

Top Bottom