• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomCubed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Ok, so I got my P229 a few months back and I love it, everything about it is well machined well fit and has yet to fail.
    Now, to save money and continue to shoot as much as possible, I purchased the .22 conversion kit.
    Life has gotten in the way and I haven't made it to the range near as much as I wanted to. Today, however, I made it...
    The conversion is easy to install and easy to operate, as are most .22 kits that are made for various handguns.
    So, you slide it on and load up the 10 round mag. ( not near enough; and its a shame that it only comes with 1 mag) The kit has adjustable sights on it and I had the little tool ready to adjust, but after the first mag through there really wasn't any need, I had nice tight 2" group.

500 rounds later

1 fail to feed and 1 fail to return to battery

I'm going to blame the battery failure on me ( the pre shoot cleaning was quick as my time was limited and I was anxious to get to it.)

Not bad at all. I really like being able to go shoot for CHEAP and in great quantity with my trigger/action and really work on my technique.

I'd recommend this product whole heartedly. After a month of range trips (whenever I can squeeze them in) really think that this will pay itself off. I'll take some pics this weekend and put them up here.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    229 22 conv

I had one for my 220. Loved it. Had it threaded for my YHM Mite.
    My buddy has one for his 228. PM me for info on where to get parts to increase you 10 rnd mags to 15, also hold open follower. Good luck

Top Bottom