• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If anyone feels the need to flame after reading this...I have tough skin so feel free. Here's the thing. My wife wants a Sig P238 Rainbow after shooting my Nitron, then seeing the Rainbow on Sig's website. She would probably never carry, she just likes to have something in the house when I'm not home. I plan on getting her one, unless I could find something else she likes as well, for less than half the money. I have 3 9mms so I know she will not go with a 9, it has to be a .380. Is the Bersa as dependable as the Sig? Here's the part where I get flamed. If I could save $350 getting her the Bersa instead of the Sig, I would be that much closer to adding a P938 to my collection.:D Your response will help greatly in my decision.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The Bersa would be fine for just the home IMHO. Now my P238 Equinox has night sights and I trust that thing so much I carry it as my BUG or for deep concealment. Have you also thought about a Kahr p380? They are also a great little dependable gun that run middle of those two in price. My dad pocket carries a Kahr and loves it. Just an idea.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the Bersa .380 pistols. Or Bersa in general for that matter. They are not as pretty as the Sig but for half the money I don't think you will be disappointed.

In the end it will be hers so if she wants the Sig... guess which one you should probably get.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the Bersa .380 pistols. Or Bersa in general for that matter. They are not as pretty as the Sig but for half the money I don't think you will be disappointed.

In the end it will be hers so if she wants the Sig... guess which one you should probably get.

As someone who has been married for over 28 years, I have to say listen to the man here.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    As someone who has been married for over 28 years, I have to say listen to the man here.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: Well I think your right. I showed her pictures of every Bersa...she said NO. Then I showed her the Kahr .380 with my CM9 in hand in front of the screen, again no. Then back to the Sig. "That's pretty" Besides that, I know she can shoot the Sig well. Guess I better keep saving and I guess I can wait for my P938.:(

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    If she likes it and shoots it well then that's the way to go. Never know, it may end up leading to a high percentage of carry for her.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    If anyone feels the need to flame after reading this...I have tough skin so feel free. Here's the thing. My wife wants a Sig P238 Rainbow after shooting my Nitron, then seeing the Rainbow on Sig's website. She would probably never carry, she just likes to have something in the house when I'm not home. I plan on getting her one, unless I could find something else she likes as well, for less than half the money. I have 3 9mms so I know she will not go with a 9, it has to be a .380. Is the Bersa as dependable as the Sig? Here's the part where I get flamed. If I could save $350 getting her the Bersa instead of the Sig, I would be that much closer to adding a P938 to my collection.:D Your response will help greatly in my decision.

My wife has the sig in rainbow and loves it. The safety is a little hard to disengage but that is all. With enough practice (muscle memory) it can be a great self defense gun

mwaym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    I have the Bersa.... and it is awesome..... BUT, ***, If she wants the Sig....... :)

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Bersa's might be one of the best out there for the money, but you better pay attention to the wise men on here. If she likes the Sig, you will be smart to get the Sig. :twocents: On a side note, why in the world is 380 ammo so expensive. Its not like we're shooting them out of AR's.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My father picked up the Bersa last weekend for the first time and drilled the targets at about 20ft, he loved it. Its been sitting in the night stand for years now and you won't be disappointed with its dependability or performance.

Top Bottom