Sig P239 barrel replacement suggestions ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I have a Sig P239 .40 cal and am debating on which barrel to replace the old factory barrel with ? Should I get another factory Sig barrel or a lone wolfe or bar-sto ?
    Any thoughts ?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Id say get 2 new barrels. One in .357 Sig and one in .40 S&W. You know just for fun.

I think if it were me I think I would go factory.

But then again Im wierd like that.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    depending on cost's, lone wolf is good stuff, of course factory sig is as well but if lone wolf is half the price or something, i sure wouldn't hesitate to use them.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Try TopGunSupply.com Love those guys. As for brand, Sig, Barsto, or EFK Firedragon, depending on what you want. All good barrels. Lone Wolf is more of a dark side brand, and last I heard they were just expanding their selection. Didn't know they offered Sig barrels. Guess I'll have to check that out.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, I would get Sig factory barrels in .40 and .357 Sig. A conversion barrel in .40 to 9MM would be nice to plink with, but not sure if these are made for the Sigs...

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    Top Gun Supply usually has the best deals on the factory barrels. I think they get about $160 for them.

I am a Sig shooter myself and I would only go with a factory barrel. Others may be as good, but there is nothing wrong with the factory one and I wouldn't want to void my warranty just to save a few bucks.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    239 bbl

Remember that you can install a 357 Sig/40 bbl in a 40, but not a 9mm that is not a conv. bbl. I have a FireDragon 40/9 conv bbl that works great. If you get a 9mm conv bbl, you will need 357 Sig mags- the 9mm will not work. 9mm 239 frame is different. This is from hands on test with a fellow shooter's 239 9mm mags. Good luck

Top Bottom