• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    I like what I've read and have handled the 9mm version at my LGS. I ordered the .40 with the extra .357 barrel. It should be in Monday. The price was right and I love my other Sigs.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Feels decent in the hand, I do like the trigger, it is nice and smooth if a bit long. Does not have a track record of good reliability. Federal air marshalls had them and dumped them because of same. I have personally watched a friends 9mm compact kaboom at the range while he was shooting it. I think it is an interesting concept, it just hasnt been around enough to generate a proven history of performance. You will have a bunch of people say "well I have 100 flawless rounds through mine" and that is fine but it is no where near enought to have a valid opinion on the weapon. As far as I know no agency is issuing it stateside, although I believe there are some in Europe who do.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    A buddy of mine has a P250 that he swears by & I sort of like it, granted it's no P226 or anything but it seems to shoot just fine, however due to all of the negative press the P250 has gotten I've avoided buying one of my own.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Feels decent in the hand, I do like the trigger, it is nice and smooth if a bit long. Does not have a track record of good reliability. Federal air marshalls had them and dumped them because of same. I have personally watched a friends 9mm compact kaboom at the range while he was shooting it. I think it is an interesting concept, it just hasnt been around enough to generate a proven history of performance. You will have a bunch of people say "well I have 100 flawless rounds through mine" and that is fine but it is no where near enought to have a valid opinion on the weapon. As far as I know no agency is issuing it stateside, although I believe there are some in Europe who do.

Like anything there are some good ones and some bad ones. It isn't an established platform, but I do think Sig has improved the quality, as I have not been hearing very many reports of bad ones this past year or so. Also, I wouldn't assume it was your friends gun, UT could have been the ammo. That could have happened in a Glock, a HiPower, etc.

Personally, I love mine. It is my EDC, and I am really good with it. I have 1800 rounds through it now, and I have only had it for 7 months. No problems with the exception of it not liking harder primers in handloads. No problems with factory ammo though.

jw23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Mine should HOPEFULLY be in today, and i'll probably take it to the range to get a good feel for it. I've read some really awesome reviews, and of course i've read the reviews bashing the quality. I've never owned a Sig, so i'm actually really pumped up about it. I've read they have made stride in improving the quality/durability since the ATF testing phase. I'll let you know how everything goes. Thank you for you input guys.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I loved the trigger, and I loved the ergonomics, too. I put over 2000 rounds through my 9mm c, though, without any FTF problems that weren't operator induced (dummy rounds, squibs, etc.). :dunno:

I have to agree it's not quite like the heavier SIGS (we had a p6 and a 226, too), but the trigger on the 250 was a lot easier for me than the da/sas.

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    Mine arrived yesterday. I ordered the P250C (compact) in .40 S&W. It came with an extra magazine (3 total), night sights and a .357 Sig barrel. It's about the size of a P228 or G19. I won't get a chance to shoot it until at least the weekend so I left it at the shop so other potential buyers can check it out. I'm very pleased with the look, feel and value.

jw23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    mine FINALLY came in on Wednesday last week, and i must say i love the feel and look of it. I planned on going shooting today, but some things have come up so i'll probably go this week sometime. pissed off though, because it only came w/high contrast sights. I called SS and they said that i was stuck with them because i took delivery from the dealer with it that way. He said if i wanted to have them installed it would cost me $120. The guy i talked to had a pretty horrible attitude. I figured he was having a bad day so i didn't want to push the issue with him. I may try and call next week to see if i can get someone who isn't a complete and total prick.
    Mine came with one mag, the cheezy lock, and the little orange piece to put in the breach when it's not being used. Please let me know how the .40 shoots. The guy i bought it from originally received a .40 and i told him i wanted the 9mm, so i had to wait a few extra days. Thanks!

Top Bottom