• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadCHETNIK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    I have a question regarding this handgun.

With the hammer in the half cocked position and the safety on i can pull the trigger and the hammer falls. Is this a decocker? I cannot find any reference online or in the owners manual.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    This is not a de-cocker because it isn't cocked. With it in what you call the 1/2 cock position and the safety on you, can't cock it. With the hammer cocked and to take it to half cock would very dangerous plus it would serve no purpose.

With that said in half cock position and a round in the chamber it will not fire when the trigger is pulled and the hammer drops safety on or safety off.
    (at least with mine)

Hope that made some sense.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    This is not a de-cocker because it isn't cocked. With it in what you call the 1/2 cock position and the safety on you, can't cock it. With the hammer cocked and to take it to half cock would very dangerous plus it would serve no purpose.

With that said in half cock position and a round in the chamber it will not fire when the trigger is pulled and the hammer drops safety on or safety off.
    (at least with mine)

Hope that made some sense.
    Famous last words (at least with mine)
    I would carry cocked and locked in a holster and not use the half cock position.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Famous last words (at least with mine)
    I would carry cocked and locked in a holster and not use the half cock position.

In no way did I mean carry it at half cock. Only wanted to answer MadCHETNIK's question on the P938's half cock function as it is different from a 1911.
    I carry all my single actions in Condition One aka: cocked and locked and holstered.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    If I recall correctly, one of the magazine reviews I read about of the P938 stated that the 1/2 cocked position was a safety feature in case as you are cocking the hammer and your thumb slips off at 1/2 or more of the cocking action, the 1/2 cocked safety catches the hammer and keeps it from striking the firing pin. In playing with my P938 I agree with Nayls47 as to how the gun functions after the 1/2 cocked safety is engaged.

Top Bottom