• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Was curious if anyone has feedback on the sig romeo 5. I’m looking into buying an ar. I was going to buy the optic and rifle all at once and I’ve been researching a lot about the romeo 5 with the micro Juliet 3x as an inexpensive set up. So any one currently run this set up and if so what are your pros and cons.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've got 4 or 5 Romeo5's now. They are solid optics for the money and I haven't had one fail yet. The battery life and shake awake features work well. I've had them on my HD guns without worry.

I have no experience on the magnifiers

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a Romeo 5 on a 9mm sub gun and haven't had a problem at all. I also sold an AR Pistol in 5.56 that had a Romeo 5 on it and never had an issue with that one either. For the money, they seem to be pretty solid.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    have a 5 and a jul micro
    5 is tough as nails , mine has been on the rifle a couple yrs and has been intentionally dropped multiple times on to concrete and gravel to see if it would fail , (buddy and I think we're youtube torture test reviewers when we drink) , I've thrown the rifle across the garage enough times that I broke off the forward assist
    Not saying this thing is a t2 but amazing budget beater imo !!!!
    . Juliet 3 micro is nice , hasn't seen that alcohol induced abuse that my 5 has , downside is you'll have to mount your dot further back than you may want ( I like mine at the front of the receiver) or have a decent gap between the mag and the dot because the magnifier is so short and you need to get up on the optic

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    I’ve had several, just beware of fakes and some that have starbursting on the red dots. Sig has a 5 year electronic warranty so you can always send it back for issues. Buy from a reputable dealer

Top Bottom