• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Have only shot 115 gr. ball target/practice stuff from my new to me 9mm. Needed to learn the gun and other possibilities from it. So today I got a box of SD ammo. It is the stuff in the title. Looks a little odd to me, looks like a polymer substance in the HP. It is nickel case so if I buy a set of Milly meter dies I’m not out anything. States 1165 ft/sec. 374 ft. lbs. Don’t know the gun/bbl they got that from.

Any body have any info on this particular round? Reliable, Terminal performance? Quality? I’ll blow up all but 9 rounds if I hear good things. If not it’s reload stuff. Thanks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Have only shot 115 gr. ball target/practice stuff from my new to me 9mm. Needed to learn the gun and other possibilities from it. So today I got a box of SD ammo. It is the stuff in the title. Looks a little odd to me, looks like a polymer substance in the HP. It is nickel case so if I buy a set of Milly meter dies I’m not out anything. States 1165 ft/sec. 374 ft. lbs. Don’t know the gun/bbl they got that from.

Any body have any info on this particular round? Reliable, Terminal performance? Quality? I’ll blow up all but 9 rounds if I hear good things. If not it’s reload stuff. Thanks.

Only ones I know of that Sig makes is V Crown HP and I've never seen any polymer in the HP.

This video has test shooting through cloth. Velocity also

This is bare gel test of 115gr and 124gr Velocity also

This one has 115gr, 124gr and 147gr V Crown ballistics gel and cloth test. Velocity also.

If this isn't what you have can you post a picture of the box or a link to what it is?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I didn’t want to spring for more until I found out if this was a good SD choice. If it shoots to POA I will get more. There were many to choose from, but I liked the photo of the fired round. Looks like it won’t over penetrate, and remains intact, a big Consideration for me.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I haven't used any of their 9mil ammo, but I did chrono some of the 125 gr 38 super +P they used to make a while back and out of a 4.4 inch barrel it was right on advertised speed if that's any help
    Been carrying Critical Defense in 38 & 357 and Win Silver tips in 44 spec. for decades all because they shot to almost the same point of aim from my edc’s that is probably going to be my biggest decision maker.

I haven’t watched the videos yet but if they do chronograph the rounds I will take note of that. That could be a worry because my bbl is only 3.3 inches long. If that won’t let the bullets do what they are designed to do I’ll have to go another direction.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don't know anything current or if they made any changes, but the 9mm V-Crowns had the reputation of plugging easily and not expanding in heavy clothing tests. This may very well be outdated info if they've made changes.

Top Bottom