• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    In my search for a new optic for my new rimfire sporter build, my requirements are 1-6x , target dot, exposed target turrets, M.O.A. turrets & under $350 , I know I'm asking a lot, so let's unpack this.
    Yes there available with all the options I want, but they start at $800 and go up. So let's see what option I can drop..... exposed target turrets are the only one I am willing to for go to stay with in my price point.....after a lot of searching I found this..... ½ M.O.A. dot, good eye relief, turrets are in M.O.A. .......what ya all think....

https://sightmark.com/products/presidio-1-6x24-hdr?_pos=2&_psq=1-6&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You'd be better served with the entry level Vortex vs. ANYTHING Sightmark.

If you're on Social Media at all - look up and follow Mr. GunsNGear. Or even sign up for his emails. He'll post sales links to the lower end Vortex stuff all the time. Way lower than MSRP - and even lower than our buddy Alan that I linked above.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Friends don’t let friends buy Sightmark. Or NcStar. Just don’t. Save up more if you have to, but if you’re going to buy a Sightmark or NcStar, you’ll get more enjoyment out of just burning the money you would have spent on them. They’re that bad.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    The rimfire sporter rules do not forbid scopes with higher power than 6x; they just have to be taped at 6x during competition.

I've used a Weaver T6, but that rifle is currently using a Leupold 4-12x CPC Dot, for example.

Just an idea, to maybe open up your field of search a little bit.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Friends don’t let friends buy Sightmark. Or NcStar. Just don’t. Save up more if you have to, but if you’re going to buy a Sightmark or NcStar, you’ll get more enjoyment out of just burning the money you would have spent on them. They’re that bad.
    Not sure they are that bad. Milan police use Sightmark RDS on their AR-15's. I know it's only a few officers, but they are holding up and work for them with the budget they have.

I'd definitely go with Vortex if I could over Sightmark though.

Top Bottom