• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have seen some the Rossi single shots in 223, 243, 44 and others but for $250 is that worth getting a single shot rifle?

Very nice rifles but for the cost wouldn't it be better to get a multi shot rifle for not a lot more?

What are your thoughts on them?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Worth getting? Depends, what are you going to use it for: hunting, plinking, Appleseed, etc? I bought my son a 20g shotgun/.22lr combo; he shot trap with 20g before moving up to a Remington 1100. He put ~500 rounds through the gun without any problems. They are built solid.

I'd save a bit more and get a Bolt Action. Mossberg and Savage have some budget models that I've seen at big box stores for ~$300.00 on sale.

Last edited:

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It would mostly for plinking as you can't hunt with them here in Indiana. But If I got the one that is also a 44 cal I could hunt with that.

Just feels like a lot for a single shot. I know they are great rifles I have a 22 already

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    I have been hunting with a Rossi in .243 for several years now. It actually was given to my sons by my Dad. It has taken more deer than any other gun we own. I find it reasonably accurate and haven't had any trouble with it. I think my dad paid about $200 for it, came with scope, rings and a hard case. I think they are a good deal for the money.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Definitely nothing wrong with them. i have shot a few of them and the function very well. Im just not much on the single shot rifle.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It would mostly for plinking as you can't hunt with them here in Indiana. But If I got the one that is also a 44 cal I could hunt with that.

Just feels like a lot for a single shot. I know they are great rifles I have a 22 already

Get a Rossi M94 lever gun in 44. I picked one up for less than $400.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I have a Rossi .223 that I built up for long range (well reasonably long) target practice and deer/varmint hunting on trips out of state. I love it. My wife loves it more. Only have it up for trade on armslist lately because my wife's pregnant, and she said she'd prefer me trade than buy. But she really doesn't want me to get rid of it. It's a sub MOA rifle. Rossi in general is really pretty accurate if you get the bull barrels, so that the welded on lugs and hinges don't effect the trueness of the barrel as much.
    IMG_6266.jpg

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    For that kind of money, you can get the Rossi Wizard, and buy additional barrels for hunting different types of game.

.44 mag / 20 ga / 12 ga for deer

.410 / .22LR for smaller game

any kind of center fire rifle for coyote or out of state hunting.

The Rossi matched combo is also available for that kind of money. Muzzle loader, center fire rifle, and 12 ga.

Top Bottom