• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Hey I'm looking for a gunsmith to put a new stock and gas tube on my sks and couple other things. I understand there is some filing necessary and want a pro doing the work. Anyone have a recommendation for gunsmith in Fort Wayne area?

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Hey I'm looking for a gunsmith to put a new stock and gas tube on my sks and couple other things. I understand there is some filing necessary and want a pro doing the work. Anyone have a recommendation for gunsmith in Fort Wayne area?

Not sure what kind of stock you're putting on but I can handle most of that. For the most part the only work needed on a SKS is having to dremmel off one side of the bottom of the flanges to get the old upper handguard off.

Are you needing the stock fitted or work done on the receiver/barrel/FCG?

In any case if you want a "pro" to do it the guy north of Fort Wayne on Coldwater/327 is amazing. On of those old world type gunsmiths. Very reputable, very reliable.... forget his name.

If it's just woodworking that needs done anybody you know who is a half decent woodsmith can handle it. I just set down a SKS stock I am refinishing right before I saw this thread. It's one of those that just came on the market so the stock is beat down. It now has about 2lbs of woof putty in and the 100grit waiting for the putty to dry.... in 10 minutes.

It'll be beautiful when I am done and then it'll be time to polish down the rifle and reblue it. All of this you can do yourself.

vindictor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    New stock and gas tube on an SKS is really a pretty easy job. If you have any mechanical skill and a few tools you should be able to pull it off pretty quickly. Doing it yourself is really rewarding too.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Thanks Tom I will def get ahold of you next time or in future, I ended up taking it to sniper co so we will see how they do. Thanks again tho!

Top Bottom