• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Hogue Handall ;) Solved my slippery grip problem for $10.00 off of Ebay.
    This!

I have a RTF2. It rubs the skin pretty raw and tears up t-shirts, too. My Gen 4 isn't near as bad and only a little more aggressive than my Gen 3. I like the Gen 3 texture better than the Gen 2, but like grooveless Gen 2s better. I haven't put the grip tape on it, yet.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Originally had the Hogue grip, liked it but it made the G26 too wide for my grip. Installed "skate-board" tape and that is perfect. You will have to experiment for your size hands.:)

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    On another note. I'm calling it "skate-board" tape, but I think I bought it at Ace-Hardware as some sort of stair-tape. ?? In a roll of about 20 feet long and 2 inches wide with a peel-off backing. If you decide to use something like that, make a pattern out of paper that will fit your sides of the Glock, then transfer to tape backside. I've "taped" three Glocks and only used about 2 feet worth of product.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Whats the difference in tackiness between the rtf, rtf2 and gen 4? My gen 3 is a bit slippery. I might try skateboard tape.

The RTF was to rough for me.
    The Gen 4 is ideal for me.
    I use a Hogue Handall on my Gen 3s. The downside for me with Hogue grips is that although they work initially quite well, within a few hundred rounds, start to slide and twist on the frame. I usually end up replacing mine every year due to this and wear/tear.

Stay safe

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To me the RTF models seem more aggressive than the gen 4 models. Personally I am not a big fan of either. I much prefer the gen 2 or gen 3.
    Everyone is different, go with what feels best to you. I have Hogue sleeves on all my Glocks and I love them. I like them for the palm swell as well as the texture. I know several people that use skateboard tape and are very happy with it. It is worth a shot and isn't too expensive, if you do not like it then it is pretty easy to remove and try something else.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Whats the difference in tackiness between the rtf, rtf2 and gen 4? My gen 3 is a bit slippery. I might try skateboard tape.

I can teach you how to stipple your glock. It's so cake, I can't tell you how easy it is. I think you live in Jasper County right. Here was my first attempt at doing it, and it came out excellent.

DSCF0003.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm half tempted to see if someone wants to trade lowers on my glock 23 RTF2. I love the slide serrations, and the tighter barrel, but it's impossible to conceal when it's tearing holes in your shirt all day long.

Maybe it'll be collectable one day? Who knows... I guess I should just buy a gen 3 lower for carry.

It sure makes for one hell of a range gun though, that frame grabs ahold of your hand and won't let go. It would take an act of god to pull that gun out of your hand.

The RTF2 and Gen 4 grips are pretty similar. Of all of the Glocks I have owned/shot/handled, I like these two versions the best.

You sure? The RTF2 is like little needles for a grip, and the gen 4 just has raised and moderately grippy large squares.

Top Bottom