• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    The 22a is the original, the 22a-1 was introduced in 2004, according to smith it has an improved barrel assembly to help prevent breakage when field stripped. A "bump" is a post that moves a thread to the top of the page in order to get more views.

FD1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2014
    Boone County
    I also purchased a 22a. I fired about 75 rounds of Blazer 22LR through it with zero malfunctions. Anybody have "stay away from" ammo in mind?

Additionally, how long until the plastic recoil spacer needs replacing? it seemed kinda beat up after the first go round.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    When that spacer looks smashed and deformed, you will
    notice the back of the pin hitting the back of the rear frame when its the spacer is wearing out.
    Call S&W they have been known to send a batch out to folks, I haven't tried yet though.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I sent an email to S&W requesting a price for the buffers. I received an immediate reply stating that five buffers were on the way with no charge! Great customer service.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I recently bought a S&W 22A Talo Edition and it was junk right out of the box. Numerous failures to fire and failures to eject, and the grip was loose due to a faulty screw hole in the wood. I sent it back to the factory and they replaced the grip, the firing pin and spring which fixed the failure to fire problem but did nothing for the failure to eject problem. I sent it back again and they replaced the extractor, spring and ejector which mostly fixed the failure to eject problem. I would say it is about 98% reliable now. I have now tried several ammo brands and types which all seem to function the same in it.

Top Bottom