• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    i got one, the big bonus to them is how easy they are to take down for cleaning. little button up front of the trigger guard lifts it up and pivots off back of the frame. i like the full rail along the top; i threw a Burris FastFire II on mine, tons of fun

my only complaint is the follower on one of my mags broke (it's plastic). don't know how, just discovered it one day when it wasn't feeding right. haven't called s&w to have them send me a new one, just been plain lazy. best part of the lifetime warranty, i can procrastinate forever!

joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    i have had experience with the browning 22 and it is very fun to shoot. im sure smith and wesson would be the same. cant beat low cost of ammo and a very accurate gun:ar15:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    22A

Just got one I had shot 10 rounds of CCI and so far its flawless, I received mine on a contract I done for a friend/customer I got this and a few dollars for a small cover design.
    So far the Pistol has 20 actual rounds thru it. Ive read many many horrible reviews as well as many good reviews. It seems there isn't a whole lot of accessories for it compaired to the Ruger or the others but that doesn't distract me. Im thinking a reflex/red dot is on the menu as well as a hogue grip.:draw:

Update 2-7-12, super acurate, shot 200 rds spaced out darn near flawless, I love this pistol!!! now wheres that reflex.

IMAG0173.jpg
    found these too.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/146116-smith_and_wesson_22_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/51394-smith_wesson_22a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/178739-s_and_w_22a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/76786-new_s_and_w_22a_first_time_out_today.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/133736-22_semi_auto_pistol.html

Last edited:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Love mine. Got it this past summer and have put a fair amount of rounds through it with no issues so far. Very accurate, well it's more accurate than I am.

f5a7a6b2.jpg

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I received a 22a for Christmas. Accurate and comfortable in the hand, but it jammed several times on the cheap Remington ammo. I only put about 40 rounds through it, so I need to get back to the range. I have some cheap bulk Winchester and Federal I will try next time out.

Really do not like that rail on it, though. Wish I could leave it off.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bought one last year more or less by default.

I had the opportunity to attend an NRA instructors course to learn to teach the NRA Basic Pistol Course.

When I signed up for the course, the enrollment paperwork stated that you were to supply your own handgun (preferrably a .22). Well, I did not own a .22 at that time, not a handgun anyway.

So I went into my friendly neighborhood "fun-shop"/range and found the S&W 22A. Bought it to take the course with. Took it on the range to sight it in and familiarize myself with it before the class.

Went to the class and they supplied the firearms and the ammo.

So, I bought one that I really didn't need, and had no desire for other than a tool to pass the course.

Ends up I REALLY like this little .22. It's ergonomically wonderful. Fits my hand like it was made for it. Shoots great, feeds fine. All-in-all, I could be happier.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I have one and really like it. Great for plinking.

I have the 5" barrel with the std sites and I bought a 7" barrel and it has a red dot site on it. Switching barrels takes all of about 10 seconds.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I love mine. Only problems I've ever had were with old bulk ammo. Couple fte/stovepipes with it. It eats federal bulk and cci like nobodies business.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    My 22a has the 5 1/2 bull barrel with a Bushnell red/ green dot sitting on it. Accurate way beyond my ability to keep it on target. Aprox 2400rds so far with hardly any failures, all duds. It loves CCI standard and Federal Automatch. I haven't tried any hollopoints in it .

Top Bottom