Smith Family Reunion... I've caught the fever.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Need a 29 and Need a 66 and a 60. Another branch off the tree.
    I have a 29-2 with 8 3/8” barrel that is a customer’s consignment. I’ve been debating keeping it or buying it and trading it. I’d really rather have a 6 or a 4” 29-2.

I think the next one may be a 57. I’ve always thought that the .41 Mag was dreamy.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The 41 is a perfect in between.

The 44 mag at full boar loads is to much for many people. I have seen quite a few perfect examples where I bought the 29 and a box of ammo with one two or three fired rounds.you could tell it was shot once and put away in the box. No powder no turn ring marks no carbon anywhere. Dirty Harry wanna be purchased the worlds most powerful revolver when they should have purchased something or anything else.

The 357 is much easier to shoot well and in good hands is a nice deer pistol. It needs heavier bullets for best deer hunting results I used to use 180 grain back in the day as they worked better than 158’s.

Now step into the 41 mag. Easier to handle than the 44 on recoil. Shooting something bigger than normal 158 grain bullets. If people knew Dirty Harry’s 44 mag was actually a model 57 41 mag maybe they would have sold better.

Top Bottom