• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    My boyfriend picked up an M&P Shield last Tuesday so I thought I would get a few pics compared to my compact. Sorry for the poor quality (cell phone)

IMG-20120420-00087.jpg

IMG-20120420-00089.jpg

IMG-20120420-00090.jpg

IMG-20120420-00092.jpg

IMG-20120420-00094.jpg

IMG-20120420-00096.jpg

IMG-20120420-00097.jpg

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    code_red: Just wondering if you like your Compact over the Sheild. My wife just bought a Compact and chose it over the Shield. She didn't like the way the Shield felt, just too skinny. Iv'e always been a Glock or Sig guy and never shot any of the M&P's, so I wasn't able to give any imput. As she should, she bought what felt good to her.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    code_red: Just wondering if you like your Compact over the Sheild. My wife just bought a Compact and chose it over the Shield. She didn't like the way the Shield felt, just too skinny. Iv'e always been a Glock or Sig guy and never shot any of the M&P's, so I wasn't able to give any imput. As she should, she bought what felt good to her.

I do prefer my compact over my bf's shield. The shield feels good in my hand but is a little snappier than the compact. I carry the compact with a Remora no-clip reinforced holster. When I feel like I need something smaller, I carry my 442 revolver. He bought the Shield to replace his Sig P238 that he sold. He wanted something a little bigger but still small and it fits the bill perfectly. I carried a Bersa Thunder 9 before the M&Pc. The Bersa was nice and shot wonderfully, but the M&P just felt better in my hand... lighter too. As a female, I highly recommend the Remora holsters. I have one for each of my guns. I can wear them at any angle, with or without a belt. Get one with the reinforced top. Re-holstering is almost impossible with out it.

jgarst

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Tipton
    Nice! I been wanting to see some side by side pics. That thing is tiny. I think I'll still keep my compact though. Too small for what I need. Thanks for the picture comparisons.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    code_red: Thanks for the reply. Took my wife out shooting today, and she just loves her Compact. Need to get it broken in more so the slide is easier to work. Have a Remora that I used to carry a j-frame with off-duty back in the day, but didn't occur to me to get one for her. Still gonna check with first...she may not like IWB carry:laugh:..Thanks for the input!!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for posting this! I'm an M&P nut (Carry a full size 9) and have been looking for an easily concealable option.

I think this just summed it up for me.

Top Bottom