• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Anyone have a Sneakypete holster and how do you like it for carry? Is your the clip type or belt loop? Input appreciated as I am thinking of buying one for my Kahr P380.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I just purchased one this week. Have worn it for a total of 2 hours, so far. I carry a Taurus 740 Slim in it, and I chose the belt clip version.

So far, I am not sure about it. Biggest thing is the difference in drawing the pistol. I am used to being able to wrap my fingers around the grip to draw a gun from the holster. With the Sneaky Pete, only my middle finger can get to the pistol, and start lifting it from the holster. The other thing that I am not used to yet is how it rides lower than a belt slide holster. Not a lot, but noticeable to me.

Fit, finish, quality, looks, are all great. I think it may end up being my dress-up holster. I do plan on wearing it for the next few days, to see how it goes.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    There was a very negative post a while back about SP's customer service. You might want to do a search.

Bought this on eBay last week for my DB9. Similar idea. $27.75 OTD.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Agreed that it's not exactly cc'ing, but I think the vast majority of people would guess that I have some sort of electronic device in the pouch on my hip, rather than a weapon. It's not my EDC, but I think it is a nice alternative to the pocket holster I usually carry, especially for the price.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Agreed that it's not exactly cc'ing, but I think the vast majority of people would guess that I have some sort of electronic device in the pouch on my hip, rather than a weapon. It's not my EDC, but I think it is a nice alternative to the pocket holster I usually carry, especially for the price.

Plus most people pay little attention these days.

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Thanks folks !!!!i Might look at the one Lanshark42 bought on Ebay. See it has a zipper which only takes an extra second to open---but---it will keep the gun inside if you drop in by mistake---

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have the belt-loop version for my Ruger SR40c. Being a fat guy, it can be a little uncomfortable when sitting in a car or a chair with arm rests. But being a fat guy also means that I could claim it is an insulin pump, not just a cell phone/pda case. I don't carry every day, but I'm still confident that I'll be able to draw from the holster without a problem.

Legally, these are most definitely concealed carry holsters, so make sure you know the laws around you/where you might travel to with it.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I have one and carry my Ruger 380 in it. Feels very cool carrying a loaded firearm in what looks like a carrying case for some sort of electronic tablet. In hotter weather, it is a good option. In cooler weather I prefer my Ruger SR9C, which can be concealed by a jacket or sweatshirt. When warmer weather comes, the Sneaky Pete is my choice. It is important to practice drawing it so you are ready for a stressful situation. Depending on the situation and environment, I may carry my 380 in a back pocket shoot-through holster. PM me if you want more info on that.

ultrabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    morristown in
    I also have been considering one for my ruger lcp just wondering about the price and who carries them in town? Better to order on line or who has them.

Top Bottom