• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    It's a Rock Island Armory, 2 tone, 4", 1911, chambered in 9mm. I called the company, and was just told "we only make a full size 9mm" after talking for a little while, the tech said it could be one of there short batch guns, maybe 100, or so made. I found a bunch of people asking about them, but no real information, so i figured i would try here. I did find an add for CDDN that had it for sale, but the best i can find is they have been on back order for about 4 years, and RIA isn't planning on making any more. Thanks for any help you can give.
    1011100101110110.jpg

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    It's a Rock Island Armory, 2 tone, 4", 1911, chambered in 9mm. I called the company, and was just told "we only make a full size 9mm" after talking for a little while, the tech said it could be one of there short batch guns, maybe 100, or so made. I found a bunch of people asking about them, but no real information, so i figured i would try here. I did find an add for CDDN that had it for sale, but the best i can find is they have been on back order for about 4 years, and RIA isn't planning on making any more. Thanks for any help you can give.
    1011100101110110.jpg
    Enjoy your gun! this is a pic of your gun right?

Unfornately, I have Kahr K9 that is unique. And no one seems to have an answer for how it got that way. None of the good mod companies know and sadly neither does Kahr. "Are computer records no longer have the Finish one file, Just the date it was made and model." :xmad:

Wish you the best of luck. But, From what it appears that its a SS frame, with a blackened or Blued slide.
    i like the way it looks!

If you ever want to sell it let me know! That is a Sexy 9MM

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Enjoy your gun! this is a pic of your gun right?

Unfornately, I have Kahr K9 that is unique. And no one seems to have an answer for how it got that way. None of the good mod companies know and sadly neither does Kahr. "Are computer records no longer have the Finish one file, Just the date it was made and model." :xmad:

Wish you the best of luck. But, From what it appears that its a SS frame, with a blackened or Blued slide.
    i like the way it looks!

If you ever want to sell it let me know! That is a Sexy 9MM

Yes it is my newest purchase, Monday, I like it, i am just trying to find out some info on it. It's not bad having an odd ball gun, i plan on keeping it, just wanting to know for my own knowledge.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well I just want you to know i feel your frustration. As clearly yours is a factory finish and mine appears to be factory as well. So I feel your pain.

I would take it for what the Tech had to say. It may have been a small batch run.

The most i ever heard about mine was that it could have been a special order presentation piece.. Quite a shame as i shoot it weekly. :) If it was me, I would enjoy it and shoot it often.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Is the frame stainless? It looks like it's nickle to me, but it could just be the pic. Anyway it's a nice looking gun. I like Commander sized guns and have a few in different calibers. Best size for a 1911 IMO. :twocents:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Same firearm as the STI spartan . Made by RIA with STI fire control
    about $200. higher . They don't have any in stock and most all RIA' are hard to find .Most any 9MM in a 1911 form is hard to locate , consider your self LUCKY I have been wanting one for about a year.
    Don't know who you talked to but ARMSCOR is making and will distribute A 1911compact 9 mm. Is just slooooo in comming

Top Bottom