• Which one?

• Total voters

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    iPhone for the win. I have had both, I choose the iPhone hands down. Not even a comparison.

If you want something that just works, get an iPhone.

If you like to tinker and spend hours on end trying to make the phone work the way you want it too, then get a Droid.

Getting Apple products was one of the smartest moves I have ever made. They all work together seamlessly and they just work.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have the free one that comes with the cheapest Sprint contract. I haven't wanted it to do anything it hasn't been able to. Guess I've become lame.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Question to the OP. Have you ever dropped your phone? If yes, then I would stay away from the iPhone. The front and back are both made out of glass. A guy at the firehouse knocked his off the kitchen table and it SHATTERED.

[ame="http://youtu.be/elKxgsrJFhw"]http://youtu.be/elKxgsrJFhw[/ame]

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I swapped my iphone for a droid. That ended 2 years of sync problems and 2 replaced phones and numerous appointments with their Genuises. No sync problems with the Droid, plenty of free apps, works just like a usb drive for adding audio and video files. NO NEED for itunes.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Wow! I deal with this question everyday in my line of work...

Both Apple iOs and Android have their benefits depending on what you want to do with your phone. Apple is very easy to use, but comes at the expense of flexibility.

I bought the Verizon Droid Bionic based on the following (keep in mind I'm a techie':

• Battery is NOT replaceable on iPhone
    • Memory is NOT replaceable/upgradeable on iphone
    • Larger screen size on the Bionic for my aging eyes.
    • Android phone can be a wireless access point (for extra $ or by rooting)
    • Android widgets allow calendars, email, facebook, etc. to be visible on the homescreen (don't have to open an app to see current stuff)
    • Because the Android OS is open source, developers are free to develop some pretty cool tools (apps) that are not limited to what Apple wants to let developers access.
    • An app store that allows refunds if the App doesn't work. Granted you only have 15 minutes to refund on Android, but that is better than nothing.
    • Android apps eventually stop running after you close them. iOs apps will still be running until you turn off the phone. (unless you specifically kill them)
    • No iPhones with 4G networking (I'm getting 18meg down / 4 meg up with my Droid Bionic on Verizon's 4G network)
    • Android soft keyboards can be replaced with ones that are much more intuitive to use.
    • Don't have Apple telling me what I can and cannot have on my phone.
    If you want to see an interesting video, search for Droid Bionic vs. Iphone 4 on YouTube. Kind of sums up the whole debate. The language gets a little rough at the end though...

NavyVet ---

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    droid razr rooted and free wifi tether!!!! i love it. came from my og droid that was rooted running gpa over clocked to 1.2 ghz. peter alfonso and googles open source kept that device competing with top of the line devices for 2 years. my og droid can still blow the iphone 4s out of the water. rip my og friend.

as stated above each phone serves a purpose. iphone is geared toward the "computer illiterate" or someone who doesn't like to make their own decisions because the phone is what is it and you can't change it in anyway. the droid is geared towards the person that like to be different and not conform to what the man tells them. you can customize what apps you want to see on your home screen and you aren't forced to have i tunes to upgrade your phone. adding ringtones, pictures, and music is a million times better with a droid because you dont' have to convert all your music to a .drm file to use it on your device.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I carried an iphone for work about 3 years ago. It was a good phone and I had no complaints, except for the itunes app.

My personal phone has been a Droid for the past two years. I just replaced it with a Droid Bionic. I love the Droid for the reasons listed in NavyVet's post.

But honestly, I feel that either phone will suit your needs. I just prefer Android.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll chime in for the droid.

I've had a Motorola Droid X that had a over heating processor problem and stopped into the Verizon store @ 5 pm on a Wed. night, they said that they would next day me a new phone and @ 3 pm the next day I had a new Droid X2 that I absolutely love.

I don't have to pay for music, just place them up on Google Music to be streamed any where my heart desires, ringtones are also free.

Apps for the Droid OS are as good or better than Iphone app's by simple comparison with co workers Iphones.

The camera has replaced all my digital camera's except my Canon XTi, you just won't get that quality in a phone camera.

Top Bottom