• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am working out of town, again, and I’m on my way home. On the way out of town I decide to stop at a bank and get some cash. As I pull into the bank I see the ATM on the outside brick wall. I back in and hop out of the van, run to the ATM and am about to start my transaction, when I notice a car pulling in. (I realize that I left the van running.) I start back to the driver’s side to turn it off and grab my keys.

As I approach I see a small shaggy man in a plaid coat and hat jumping into the driver’s seat and closing the door behind him. I stop and shout for him to get out and that I have a gun. He says something about having a gun too. I am wearing an old Army field jacket and it is zipped and snapped so I start to open it and the top snap won’t unsnap. (It has just turned cold and I have not trained for CC.) I start trying to pull up the side of the coat with my off hand, it is very slow and tedious to clear my weapon, as both draw strings are tight. I finally get it out and I now realize that he has an accomplice coming around the front of the van from the passenger side. I see that he looks oriental, tall, thin and wearing a blue and black jacket. He has a pistol drawn.

Now I am back peddling with my adrenaline pumping. I fire a shot at the accomplice and miss. I am falling backward, trying to take cover behind their car. (Now I realize that I have been in a tunnel and not aware whether or not they might have more accomplices in their car.) I fire a shot at the driver, and miss again. (All that paper punching hadn’t paid off.) Just then I notice that there is a small curly haired girl right next to the driver. So I have to be very careful, I catch my breath, take aim and pull the trigger. Nothing, my 1911 jammed. (My 1911 never jams. I haven’t trained for malfunctions in over a year.) I know that what I did here is wrong. I should have cleared the jam immediately, but I looked at my gun and saw that it was slightly out of battery. This gave me pause because I started thinking should I try to jamb it into battery or clear it normally?

Then I woke.

I think my subconscious is telling me to get more training and train more often.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I had a dream last night that i was getting a chocolate shake at dq when i turned to see a guy holding a girl at gun point and stealing her money. i pulled my lcp out and missed 3 times from 10ft before he shot me. 1 in the leg and 1 in the chest. I remember being amazed that i missed, i had already paid for the shake, and i was dying on the nasty floor of a dairy queen.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have these occasionally they always encourage me to train more.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I am working out of town, again, and I’m on my way home. On the way out of town I decide to stop at a bank and get some cash. As I pull into the bank I see the ATM on the outside brick wall. I back in and hop out of the van, run to the ATM and am about to start my transaction, when I notice a car pulling in. (I realize that I left the van running.) I start back to the driver’s side to turn it off and grab my keys.

As I approach I see a small shaggy man in a plaid coat and hat jumping into the driver’s seat and closing the door behind him. I stop and shout for him to get out and that I have a gun. He says something about having a gun too. I am wearing an old Army field jacket and it is zipped and snapped so I start to open it and the top snap won’t unsnap. (It has just turned cold and I have not trained for CC.) I start trying to pull up the side of the coat with my off hand, it is very slow and tedious to clear my weapon, as both draw strings are tight. I finally get it out and I now realize that he has an accomplice coming around the front of the van from the passenger side. I see that he looks oriental, tall, thin and wearing a blue and black jacket. He has a pistol drawn.

Now I am back peddling with my adrenaline pumping. I fire a shot at the accomplice and miss. I am falling backward, trying to take cover behind their car. (Now I realize that I have been in a tunnel and not aware whether or not they might have more accomplices in their car.) I fire a shot at the driver, and miss again. (All that paper punching hadn’t paid off.) Just then I notice that there is a small curly haired girl right next to the driver. So I have to be very careful, I catch my breath, take aim and pull the trigger. Nothing, my 1911 jammed. (My 1911 never jams. I haven’t trained for malfunctions in over a year.) I know that what I did here is wrong. I should have cleared the jam immediately, but I looked at my gun and saw that it was slightly out of battery. This gave me pause because I started thinking should I try to jamb it into battery or clear it normally?

Then I woke.

I think my subconscious is telling me to get more training and train more often.

You need to start carrying a Glock in your dreams and they will always end with the BG disabled and a beautiful woman in your arms. :lmfao:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At my age, I dream of redheads and Jello with some weird Grand Funk Railroad song in the background.

I actually prefer that to banking dreams.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So far I've had a shootouts with gang bangers in a auto repair shop, zombies at Menards and a ride along with a detective who is killed by a serial killer that i eventually kill. These are just the ones vivid enough to write down when I awake. and don't include the military ones.

BTW it is usually warm milk before bed not pizza.

gummergif

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2015
    REDACTED
    Anybody remember the show "Quantum Leap?"

I once dreamt that I lept back in time and helped a high-school aged Neil Patrick Harris take down a terrorist cell - only to have Ziggy tell me I was there to convince NPH to join show choir.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    You're lucky. At least you got a shot off.
    I usually have the same kind of dream but the bullets barely have enough velocity to clear the end of the barrel and just drop to the ground.
    :dunno:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I've had similar dreams to the above, but the other night I had a dream I was carrying someplace you're not supposed to (post office maybe?) and my kydex holster was breaking into pieces. I was trying to make it to the door before my gun fell out and hit the floor.

:n00b: That was certainly a new one.

Top Bottom