• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Brought back memories -several years ago I burned wood to heat my home. I cut wood in the middle of farm land, near Frankfort, IN . Several times A-10 Thunderbolts turned right over the woods maybe 150 -200 FEET high, you could see the pilots clearly.

They were loud enough you could not hear the chainsaw in your hands! Apparently this was on their assigned route for training. Not sure where they were based - possibly Bunker hill? as it was operational at that time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Brought back memories -several years ago I burned wood to heat my home. I cut wood in the middle of farm land, near Frankfort, IN . Several times A-10 Thunderbolts turned right over the woods maybe 150 -200 FEET high, you could see the pilots clearly.

They were loud enough you could not hear the chainsaw in your hands! Apparently this was on their assigned route for training. Not sure where they were based - possibly Bunker hill? as it was operational at that time.
    Depending on the year, it might have been Grissom. There used to be an A-10 squadron based there...once upon an eon ago. Since you called it "Bunker Hill" then I'm going to go with that. It hasn't been called that for a VERY long time (1968).

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Come down here to Crawford County, C130's from the Ky Nat Guard fly over where you can count the rivets...
    The company I used to work for split the workforce up into two groups for quality training.
    It was at the Drury Inn just south of Evansville's airport. The second group was there a week later when a C130 doing touch and goes stalled into the hotel.
    I went to alot of funerals.

MH

Top Bottom