• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    No comparison at all...get the Noveske. Spikes appears to be nice but they have only been making quality pieces for a couple of years. Noveske has a long record of providing quality equipment.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IWC, your first AR, right?

I don't know if I go with a funky set up or caliber. To me funkifying a rifle too soon involves added expense and time that could be used for training. A solid top tier 16" carbine from LMT, Noveske, Les Baer, Colt, inter alia in .223. Heck even though arguably a hobby gun, a Smith & Wesson ARs runs.

Like I said at Scotty's, if you want to go to the range, you can shoot some of my ARs and see what you like. I like to keep them simple and light so I may not have all the cool geegaws that some of the INGO Operators have.

You need clear sights, clean trigger, sling, maybe a light depending on what you want it for. More importantly you need a class. Did you check on the Awerbuck schedule that I referenced? It's right next door in Lebanon and even with the triplets, she should let you go.

As well, what's up with this photo? Did you just push me? I look like I am off to fight the rake on the wall.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    Ha! I don't know exactly what's going on in that pic, but I have to assume it was a push. Either that, or I'm asking you to dance.

I did look into that training. I plan on executing all of this in the mid-spring once the kids arrive and we have a decent schedule to work off of. I'm pretty much just crossing over into the paralysis by analysis stage now and getting overwhelmed by the "options".

If you don't mind, I will get in touch with you to set up a date to shoot.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I've never shot a Spikes, but know lots of people who have them and love them. I've played with a noveske before and it was the most accurate AR I've ever shot.

I don't even know how you compare the two though, you could probably get multiple Spikes for the price of a noveske.

If this is your first - I'd goto the classifieds here and buy a good and cheap used one. Also, I'm a big fan of Rock River, not as nice as Noveske but accurate and reliable and the prices are very manageable!

guns_up

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Danville
    Just bought a spikes stripped lower for my buddy. The reason I got it though was availability. I probably would have gone RRA if they were available, but in my research Spikes showed some of the best reviews outside the big makers. Good Luck

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was considering a Noveske before I bought my SCAR even called them and asked about ordering and biuld time. CS was great and they seemed to really apprciate my interest in thier product. But 3+ months was longer than i wanted to wait for delivery at the time and the SCAR was in stock. So thats what I went with. So no experiance with thier rifles but CS goes along way with me and im still hoping to get one someday. Ill recomend them for CS alone though.

Top Bottom