• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Looking to try my hand at sporting clays this spring. Any thoughts on that sport? What about a location for a range in cen IN?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I always wanted to try it but Indiana Gun Club is too far of a drive for me. I heard there is/was a club in Mitchell. Sugar Creek Sporting Clays and Hunting Preserve.

That is still a fair hike for me, but I might give it a try is centerfire ammo doesn't loosen up.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Looking to try my hand at sporting clays this spring. Any thoughts on that sport? What about a location for a range in cen IN?

It's good practice for bird hunting.

IGC is all I have ever found in central IN.

I would be interested in something in Northern IN / Southern MI if anybody has input.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I always wanted to try it but Indiana Gun Club is too far of a drive for me. I heard there is/was a club in Mitchell. Sugar Creek Sporting Clays and Hunting Preserve.

That is still a fair hike for me, but I might give it a try is centerfire ammo doesn't loosen up.
    I have shot a couple of sporting clays fundraisers at Suger Creek. Very nice club and nice course. It's about a 4 hour drive for me. Indiana Gun Club is half that and is a great club to shoot slays at. I don't mind the drive there.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    It's good practice for bird hunting.

IGC is all I have ever found in central IN.

I would be interested in something in Northern IN / Southern MI if anybody has input.
    Oakwood Gun Club in Wheatfield is great, but they are not doing Sporting Clays this year. They do have skeet and trap and will begin 5-stand soon. They have limited hours: Open for Trap and Skeet - Wed, Sat., Sun. 10-4 By appt only and weather permitting. Call to make appt. (219) 956-4615

Back Forty in Bourbon (between Plymouth and Warsaw) is another great place up north. In April there will have a Bunny shoot; sporting clays shoot with mostly rabbit targets. Lots of fun.

Deer Creek in Three Oaks, Mi, is also a great place. It's a little more $$ than the others, but they set up sporting clays nice courses. They also have skeet, 5-stand, and wobble trap.

New Buffalo Rod & Gun Club is a nice little club with trap and wobble. It has been a while since I've been there, but it is a nice place. Wobble sometimes get stopped in the middle of shooting if a train is going by. They also shoot some handgun matches.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Oakwood Gun Club in Wheatfield is great, but they are not doing Sporting Clays this year. They do have skeet and trap and will begin 5-stand soon. They have limited hours: Open for Trap and Skeet - Wed, Sat., Sun. 10-4 By appt only and weather permitting. Call to make appt. (219) 956-4615

Back Forty in Bourbon (between Plymouth and Warsaw) is another great place up north. In April there will have a Bunny shoot; sporting clays shoot with mostly rabbit targets. Lots of fun.

Deer Creek in Three Oaks, Mi, is also a great place. It's a little more $$ than the others, but they set up sporting clays nice courses. They also have skeet, 5-stand, and wobble trap.

New Buffalo Rod & Gun Club is a nice little club with trap and wobble. It has been a while since I've been there, but it is a nice place. Wobble sometimes get stopped in the middle of shooting if a train is going by. They also shoot some handgun matches.

Back Forty looks like it fits the bill perfectly!

Thank you!

Top Bottom