• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    So I'm getting ready to take the plunge.

I've only handled the P before but was leaning towards the C2 until tonight when I uses handgunhero's comparison tool to see the size difference.

And for what actually matters for AIWB concealment - it doesn't look like there's any perceivable difference at all in the grip length.

Is the only difference in size really the slide and barrel basically or am I missing something on these two models? Or is the site wrongly depicting them?

I normally carry a G19 right now and to be honest I find it hard to not print slightly with much of my clothing.

God blessed me with very few height genes and then man cursed me further with a whole boatload of steroids when I was very young for several health issues that while maybe saving my life, definitely stunted my growth.

I've tried to edc a g17 before but outside of winter that's impossible.

I know the P is much closer to the 17 than the 19 but if the C2 is as well I may as well look for a P.

I'm sure if I wore baggier shirts I could actually hide it well with flannels or other patterned shirts that help break up any printing.

Plus I have no clue if I'll even actually prefer carrying that over the G19 or P30SK/VP9SK I rotate. I just got a 26 too which practically eliminates all printing issues in anything. But I may just not want to carry it iwb.

The only OWB options I really have - which I never even carry owb in public - are standard size P30's or VP9's - which are P sized.

Anyone with the C2 and P care to chime in?

I'm not a huge nerd with the Staccato options and stuff either so I don't actually know what all options there are to look for and this won't be a new purchase as this is already something way out of my income range of what I should even be considering but I'm buying it regardless.

I don't want an optics ready model as I plan to get the slide milled by Vulcan probably (if that's the company that does the super deep slide milling in TX I think?) And I don't care about the aluminum vs steel frame aside from preferring aluminum for the corrosion resistance.

Anything else I should look for? I'm ready today if something popped up but wanted to try to find something before Christmas or so - so there is a little time to hunt for specifics.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Agree with Dean. I own a C2 and have shot the P and CS. I had zero expectations of the CS and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it felt in hand and how it nice it shot. I got a deal from a friend on my C2 (because he bought a CS) and it's a nice addition to my collection. But, if I had carry gun in mind, I would 100% go after the CS. Two of my trusted Ingo friends have them now.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Now that is what confused me. I kept seeing CS listing and saw it was for a carbon steel frame but I thought there was a cs model.

Then on the handgunhero site it looked the exact same size as the C so I thought it was the C and I don't want a single stack mag edc.

Is the cs a slightly bigger C but double stack?

And can they be had around 1800-2200 used? I really wanted to find something sub-2k used as this is a rather big purchase for me - I can't do it twice or afford a loss on having to resell to rebuy another.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Now that is what confused me. I kept seeing CS listing and saw it was for a carbon steel frame but I thought there was a cs model.

Then on the handgunhero site it looked the exact same size as the C so I thought it was the C and I don't want a single stack mag edc.

Is the cs a slightly bigger C but double stack?

And can they be had around 1800-2200 used? I really wanted to find something sub-2k used as this is a rather big purchase for me - I can't do it twice or afford a loss on having to resell to rebuy another.
    I've never held or looked at a C model. The CS is a recently released model and is a double stack just slightly smaller than the C2. In regard to used prices, I wouldn't think you're going to see many used CS models yet, my guess is some people are moving their C2 models and getting the CS instead.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I've never held or looked at a C model. The CS is a recently released model and is a double stack just slightly smaller than the C2. In regard to used prices, I wouldn't think you're going to see many used CS models yet, my guess is some people are moving their C2 models and getting the CS instead.

Correct, if I had not just bought a house I would have a CS already. I love that they dropped 38 super magazines and went with a smaller overall magazine design than the P and C2 use. Afte handling one at NRAAM I am sold on it, but don't "need" one as my P365X is about the same overall size and even lighter.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I have the CS. It's great-shooting gun. However, if you are planning on expanding your collection of Staccato models, be aware that the mags are not compatible with the C@, P etc. models. A seconds point to note is that although it has a short barrel (3.5" I think) it is still tall gun - it's actually taller than my P30. I haven't yet found a holster that will let me carry without printing. I love the gun so I'm going to keep looking - or go on a diet!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I own a P, C2 and a CS. The CS is just about perfect for AIWB. It shoots like a much larger gun and in fact I shoot it better than my C2.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a CS i'm really happy with and will probably look for a used P to have a full size. I sold my C2 as it was too redundant have that and a CS.

Top Bottom