• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    using standard glock sights, do i put the fornt sight ON the target or just Below it. cant quite get it right im a lil high n left tryin to straighten it out. thought i might b using the sights wrong. any advice,suggestions,ideas????? thanks everyone.

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You probably need to tell which hand and which is your dominant eye. Plus how far away the target is and any other info that might help. I really will not be able to help you bit others might.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    close my right eye, use left eye down sights. right hand shooter. 15ft aprox. just tryin to figur out if im using the sights correctly, then i will work my way back in terms of technique. thanks.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So your cross eye dominant. Its harder to aim that way (for me anyway) but you can still get good groups if you practice.

Also try to keep both eyes open. It helps keep depth perception

EDT. Its been years since ive used factory Glock sights. I personally dont like them. All of mine have gotten 3 dot night sights at some point. Normally before I even fire it the first time. But if your hitting high then try using a 6 O'clock hold. Basically you put the front sight just below the intened point of impact.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Technique pertains to many aspects, which combined will drastically change your accuracy all together. Whether you're putting it on the target or just below, the only thing that will change is the round impacting slightly higher or lower than your point of aim. If you're hitting anywhere else than it's because of your technique as well. Typically, in my experience the glock sights are sighted in on the front dot. In other words, the bull's eye should be painted by the front sight dot. That's not to say there aren't others that are different, but all the Glocks I've shot were that way.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    thank u. yes i understand that there are many factors to shooting straight, tight groups. just wasnt sure if i was even using the sights correctly. now i will tinker with my technique: eyes, stance, etc. as far as the sights go i plan on changn them. just havent had the money yet to do so. it was a brand new g19 EXO, and i was itching to shoot it. thanks again guys.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I used to use the Glock 'Football' sights and like you I had trouble figuring out the sight picture. The best way to describe it is to ignore the white dot on the front sight and just line the top up with the top of rear sights. You will notice that the dot on the front sight will get cut off at the bottom.
    The glock factory sights are, in my opinion, horrible. I purchased and installed some Trijicon GL01 night sights and immediately noticed a difference in accuracy. The three dot system lines up better than the goal post.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    now that makes sense. i was tryin to line up the front sight with the whole white dot showing, so maybe thats y i was high on my shots. maybe using my other eye down the sights will bring my shots over to the right. I was shooting high left. ima hit the range again tmorow n try these ideas. thanks again

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    glock-sights.gif

I have to bury the dot and use a 6 o'clock hold for hits Just above the front post.

Like this^

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    now that is how u teach somebody something, with a picture. LOL. thank u for that diagram that sheds even more light on what i need to correct. that pretty tells me everything i need to know in terms of wht im doing wrong wit these sights. yes i was trying to line uo the sights while keeping the whole dot visible. that would make sense y im ahooting high.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yep, VERY frustrating. If you dry fire, align the top of the sight and you will see the dot is buried. it's frustrating. I've considered blacking it out until I get Night Sights, but I've adjusted and shoot this better than my 1911's (the g19 that is)

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i plan on changing the sights next month, so i prolly get good wit the stock sights, upgrade, then b right here agin askin how to use new ones. lol. thanks for the tips and the diagram

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The tops of the sights are what need to be level, not the dots or anything else. Most sights are setup for a 25 yd zero, with the dot covering your POI.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    tdoom, i forgot to let u kno the EXO was very nice when i shot it. I thnk that has bumped mt pt92 from the #1 carry pistol spot on my list. i told u i would let u know when i got it to the range. Hows ur search comn for finding an EXO???

Top Bottom