• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I saw a youtuber video(wish I could remember which one) that had a steel target that had 5 independent plates. An independent center plate and at least 4 independent plates that surrounded it. The disadvantage that I see with steel is you don't know where you are hitting or missing and this design solves that.

Anybody know a source for this type of steel target. I don't have the slightest what search term to use to find something like that assuming that it is even available in the current market.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Dekindy, trying to understand what you're asking about, so correct me if I'm wrong here:

We've all seen those steel targets with a "vital" zone that swings independently from the rest of the target.
    I'm imagining that, but with more target zones surrounding each other(not just one vital zone) that all swing independently from each other.
    So that you can tell how far off the bullseye you're hitting.

Is that accurate?

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    The disadvantage that I see with steel is you don't know where you are hitting or missing and this design solves that.
    I can usually see several of my shots on a freshly painted steel target. The white spray paint made specifically for steel works best. Depending on how far out you are shooting and your range limitations repainting may or may not be feasible for you.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Dekindy, trying to understand what you're asking about, so correct me if I'm wrong here:

We've all seen those steel targets with a "vital" zone that swings independently from the rest of the target.
    I'm imagining that, but with more target zones surrounding each other(not just one vital zone) that all swing independently from each other.
    So that you can tell how far off the bullseye you're hitting.

Is that accurate?
    Yes. Imagine a center steel plate surround by 4 independently moving steel plates. NE, SE, SW, and NW quadrants. At least that is what it appeared to me. Thinking maybe it was big daddy. Will try to find again and ask the youtuber.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Last edited:

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    EUREKA, by golly that is it exactly it. Thank you! They are in Frankfort, Indiana.

Maybe I should not get so excited but I find this to be an amazing product. This would be the only thing I would bring to the range!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it came to mind with your description.
    I will be adding that to my range! Thanks to you both

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just make sure they work for what you want to shoot them with. I bought one (local manufacture don't remember who) that was supposed to be good for center fire rifle...it was not. The target was a bullseye and two outer rings that swung independently. From 75 yards the two rifles I tried (Carcano 7.35mm and Marlin 45-70) alternately burned holes through it or bent it up so bad it would no longer swing. It seemed a stout 3/4" thick but not so much. After some work with an anvil and hammer it swings again but has been relegated to pistol use only.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I bought some of Make It Rings targets in December - they sell them on Amazon too. I have not had time to try them out yet though - super busy at work and when I get time to try them it's crappy weather. They seem well made. They do suck on shipping though - very slow.

Top Bottom