• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    I found some new Tapco 30rd poly AR mags and was wondering if they were any good. I was also looking if some lowers are finicky as to steel or poly mags or from different manufacturers.

Thanks in advance

Later

Crasher

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I have two of the Tapco mags, they work, and feel great, but they won't drop free in my Palmetto, and they are super tight, in my Oly.

I'd just by Pmags, they aren't that much more expensive.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've tried several of the poly mags including the pmags, for the price the brownells metal bags are hard to beat,

there's all the arguments Like a gun is only as good as its mag, Pmags are cool, pmags have a window, pmags have a cover, waa waa waa,

I fell into the hype and bought some pmags, I had to sand the flash off the plastic bond to get them to work drop free, I'm always looking for the darn covers, blah blah blas

my metal mags drop free, work,

Remember mags are considered and expendable material. Working large quantity of mags is the way to go.

If you go 3 gun or action your going to be dropping them on the ground and your going to stomp them fill them with mud,

I'm just saying don't fall in love with your mags treat them like the reusable throw away item they are

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Plastic, aluminim, stainless, or whatever is all preference so long as they feed and fall free every time. I have some of each and they all work. The only other point to consider that hasn't been brought up yet are pouches. Do you intend to put these mags in a GI bandloier? If so, you'll only get all six mags in the pouches if they're standard sized metal mags. If they're Pmags forget about it. It all depends on how you want to store your mags and use them.

Top Bottom