• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Anybody have any input on these? Looks to be a direct competitor to the PST so many on here love.

I'm interested to hear what Steiner did to get the price down so low on these. Their previous 1-4x was $1200ish and has been discontinued and replaced by the similarly priced T series 1-5x. The new P4Xi is going for $475ish.

Information verified through Steiner:
    - Uses the same German Schott glass that is on their T and M series scopes that are significantly more expensive
    - Uses the same illumination system that is on their T and M series scopes
    - Assembled in Oregon (not Germany)

Initial indications from users are that the turrets are a bit more mushy than they're used to from Steiner optics.

So that would lead me to conclude that the turrets, erector assy, and guts in general have been cost reduced, and potentially sourced from lower cost suppliers. But what does that mean to the end user? Is dialing going to be consistent and repeatable? Will it hold zero long term? How durable is this scope going to be?

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Not sure where you found this for $475 as all my research comes up with costs around $575ish. In my experience most of the cheaper Steiner options have had issues in the past. Until the XTRii line came out I had never been a huge fan of Steiner/Burris. Are you looking for a 1-4(ish) power scope and does it have to be SFP and Capped turrets? Would you consider something 1-6 in SFP?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Not shopping. Just discussing this particular scope. They are available for $475 if you know where to look (Botach, request quote).

Seems to be a lot of happy users on other AR specific sites. My concern is regarding what was cost reduced to get the price where it is. Especially with Steiner utilizing the same glass and illumination system as their much more expensive scopes.

Not sure where you found this for $475 as all my research comes up with costs around $575ish. In my experience most of the cheaper Steiner options have had issues in the past. Until the XTRii line came out I had never been a huge fan of Steiner/Burris. Are you looking for a 1-4(ish) power scope and does it have to be SFP and Capped turrets? Would you consider something 1-6 in SFP?

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Everything I've read has been good, almost too good for the price. If I had the extra cash I'd snatch one up and give it a run.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm a big fan of Steiner, although I haven't had anything from their "P" line. I couldn't be any happier with my T5Xi or the numerous military scopes & binoculars I've owned over the years.

Their warranty is also top notch. I had an old pair of military M80 binoculars (old, as in marked W Germany old) that I knocked out of alignment from beating them around. They literally sent me a brand new pair (that retail for $1500'ish mind you), in a relatively short time span.

Top Bottom