• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    Since I shoot mostly .22lr which is now either impossible to find or when you do find it is priced extremely high. I think it is time to step up to a 9mm for a range gun. I have a budget of around $350 and found two in the price range I am interested in.

One is a SAR 9mm clone of the CZ75 I like the capacity of 15 rounds but have heard they only come with one magazine. How hard will it be to find extra magazines for this one?

The other is a SCCY 9mm which has a 10 round magazine but comes with two magazines according to their website.

Anyone here have an experience with either? I have googled and youtubed both of them and the reviews have been positive for both. I have held both of them.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    The only suggestion I can offer is to maybe look for a gently used gun. My husband and I both got very nice 9mm's for $350 each. But either way I'm sure someone else will have some good suggestions

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I got two gently used guns in great condition and at a great price-- one from a LGS and one from a pawn shop. That's the way to go if you want to get a quality brand and stay in that $300-400 range.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    If your looking for just a range gun or HD gun then I would look for a used Ruger P89 (should be able to find for under $350.00 no problem), if looking for a CC gun then would try to find a Ruger SR9 compact (might be a little harder to find in the $350.00 but should be able to find for just a little more).

Moorephine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Bloomington
    Clones of the CZ75 are definitely a good direction that you could head. However, i would suggest a taurus PT92. You can easily find one for less than 350, they have up to a 17 round magazine capacity, and Taurus has a very good warranty. just my two cents

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you choose the Sar clone of the CZ, magazines will be easily found asthey are interchangable with vastly popular CZ75b.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    +1 on the SAR B6P. I bought one from Bud's for $270 plus a while back and they had mags available for $22 as I recall (bought two). Gun feels a lot like my CZ75 P-07 and had a lovely trigger right out of the box. Only concern for me would be parts (Turkish manufacturer) if this was my only gun

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    My suggestion would be to find a used smith auto, was my first gun and I loved it! Can't remember the number think it was 3913 but any model of that generation would make an awesome first pistol! Or the pt92 as mentioned prior. Stay away from the p series ruger however imo

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I know a S&W SD9 sells new for $319.00, might want to give one a try. Great entry level gun.
    SD9.jpg

Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    ****Update*****
    I ended up picking up a SAR K2P 9mm from Top Shot Armory.

Hopefully pictures will be coming soon for those that are about to say this is worthless without pictures.

Top Bottom