• ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Someone stole for you. If they had broken into your home and taken that pistol would you wait 24 hours out of respect for the thief? Call your credit card company today.
    Technically they stole it from the selling dealer as I had not taken possession yet (even though I paid for it). They responded to me within 24 hours and issued a refund shortly after that. I started this post maybe a liitle premature but was anxious to get advice ASAP. I feel the seller did right by me and about as fast as could be expected when doing long distance online retailing. Based on this experience if I find something there again I want I would purchase from them again. Hopefully ATF finds and nails someone’s a** over this.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Quite often notification of disputed charges don't make it into the hands of the selling party until a week or two (or sometimes longer) after the fact, so it may not get their immediate attention.
    Interestingly, in our business, we're notified within 24 hours of any credit card charges being disputed.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maybe i am revealing a bit of info the OP didn't want to post, but I just stumbled onto this. Its on youtube now anyway who the FFL transfer might have been through.

The Marksman shop in Westfield mentioned the water bottle story in this video..

Starts a little after the 6:54 minute mark. (a bit before 7 mins)

The attitude towards it being "just a transfer thank god" is .. odd..

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Maybe i am revealing a bit of info the OP didn't want to post, but I just stumbled onto this. Its on youtube now anyway who the FFL transfer might have been through.

The Marksman shop in Westfield mentioned the water bottle story in this video..

Starts a little after the 6:54 minute mark. (a bit before 7 mins)

The attitude towards it being "just a transfer thank god" is .. odd..

I saw that And have done a bit of business with them. They did not get burned and neither did I. Just lost a week in getting my firearm. They are good folks to do business with.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They did not get burned and neither did I. Just lost a week in getting my firearm.
    Well I am glad you got what you wanted and were not out anything.

Sometimes my memory is a bit to good and I end up putting 2 and 2 together 8 months later.. ahh the curse of a photographic memory.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Sounds like your seller did the right thing.

Getting guns online and shipped to your FFL is exactly in tune with my statement on another thread regarding inter web buying and toe to toe purchasing. EVERYTHING we do is at an at risk level.

Ask me how I know.

Way back when, when I was getting an Ed Brown shipped to the local dealer, I was excited to pick it up. So I walked in, got my DL and Cross pen out and filled out the 4473. From out of the back room came my Classic Custom complete with an idiot scratch. When I asked, who did this, the lie became, “ that’s the way it came”. Really? I never trusted him again to handle my transactions.

As a shopper I witnessed him and his groupie counter people opening up other transfer packages and snapping hammers and racking actions on guns that were ordered in for other customers. Everyone and even a few customers played and handled these guns.

That’s when I learned to build a relationship with a dealer (owner not company) to handle my transfers. My name is on the package and I get the box it came in. I pay any fee he needs and am quite sure he hasn’t manhandled the product, stole magazines or other accessories (swapping parts for other guns etc.)

I have never had a gun stolen in transit, knock on wood, but have had a few scares. Private carriers and what they do, is pretty much out of our control. Like a reported gun accident, you will NEVER know who did what to loose your gun.

See you on the range….

Trapper

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Just curious which distribution center did the firearm go through.

I recall when I lived in California, several packages of ammo and even firearms went missing through a few fedex distribution centers that several ffl’s threatened to get the atf involved and launch a full investigation. Of course, the firearms magically appeared the next day or two.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Just curious which distribution center did the firearm go through.

I recall when I lived in California, several packages of ammo and even firearms went missing through a few fedex distribution centers that several ffl’s threatened to get the atf involved and launch a full investigation. Of course, the firearms magically appeared the next day or two.
    I cannot recall. The pistol was shipped from Tennessee.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I ordered one from here a little over a year ago. Quick shipping & no issues.

Got my replacement last summer. Thanks

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Glad it worked out for you. Anytime I order something I am always worried will it get lost or stolen or won't all be there or damaged or not as described or pictured. Too much worry and stress so I don't order much.

Top Bottom