• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    We all discuss training and developing skills with firearms.
    One area I have neglected for years is being prepared for the eventuality of a someone being shot and seriously injured.

A few months ago I heard about https://www.stopthebleed.org/ and signed up for a free course.
    I took the class at Decatur County Memorial Hospital late this AM.

The class material was taught by an RN and a couple of EMTs. They covered the material succinctly (not death by PowerPoint) and answered many, many questions.

At the end of the training material, we got to practice with CAT TQs, wound packing, discussions on when to pack, when not to pack, regular gauze vs quick clot gauze, Israeli bandages, when to use chest seals, etc. I am not saying this class will make you an expert but...I now feel way more comfortable deploying what I carry in my IFAK/trauma kit.
    Great, quick class and I highly recommend doing this if you have not had this training previously.

If you frequent the range (and you should) for training, competition, practice, etc, you owe it to yourself to take one of these 1 hour classes.
    You should definitely take this class if you are an RO/CRO/etc, just because...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    If you frequent the range (and you should) for training, competition, practice, etc, you owe it to yourself to take one of these 1 hour classes.
    You should definitely take this class if you are an RO/CRO/etc, just because...
    ...and carry a few first aid items in your range bag.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I was born in that hospital!
    G burg citizens called it the bandaid house

I’m definitely interested on attending the next class.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I recommend and highly encourage this. Invaluable information. ANY first-aid, BLS, B-CON, etc. classes are worth every nickel. If you can muster, a summers worth of EMR classes provides some extra skills (oxygen use, victim transport, triage assessment, & more).

I try to get 1-2 classes a year, but this year has been quite busy. Narrowly got in my CPR/AED/BLS recert. I honestly let my EMR cert lapse, but I never intended to keep it long term.

Med kits and TQ's everywhere...both vehicles, shooting bag, hunting pack, chest rig, gun belt, ... You get the idea.

Top Bottom