• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Though never permanently assigned to Campbell Barracks, I did work there a few times as well as did some training there. It was a quaint little place IIRC. My first tour in Germany was in Heilbronn, which was also 'Am Neckar' and only about an hours drive or train ride, so I visited Heidleberg fairly often.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Wait, I thought the US was in the dark ages compared to Europe???

“We had no idea that Heidelberg will ever close,” said Regina Hingtgen, 62, who has worked with the Army for 41 years, and first honed her English when her parents billeted G.I.’s. The Army was the best employer, she said, affording her, among much else, a flexibility as a divorced single mother that “no German company would ever have done.”

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    My dad lived in Germany up until this past July so i would go there every summer to see him. He is retired military, DOD contractor. We were on a few military bases, Heidelberg was one of them. He was telling me how they were closing it and what did not make sense to him, they were still doing renovation work on the barracks. This was last summer, 2012. Painting, new windows, carpeting, basic upgrades, sure. But, why are you doing this when they will be closed in a year.
    Just had to throw this in there.

Top Bottom