• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Stopped by the new Gun Bunker range that used to be known as Pops Indoor Range at East Washington and Post Rd in Indy. Looks nice inside since they spruced it up a bit, anyway just got my Trijicon N/S lamps replaced in my Glock-22 gen 3, and wanted to shoot a few rounds through it. But first I was wanting to take out my EDC Glock-27 2.5 gen, and replace the rounds in the magazine (Winchester PDX-1 180 grain), with some fresh ammo. So after I put my target up, I simply drew my EDC Baby Glock and pointing it at the paper target down range I pulled the trigger and CLICK .............( no BOOM )......

WTF, I thought, I know it's loaded !?!

Since I was in a range environment I could and did drop the mag, eject the loaded round, and examine it.
    Yup, there was a firing pin indentation on the primer.
    Go figure eh?
    So I replaced the round back into the mag, rechambered it and pulling the trigger again, this time got a reassuring BOOM!!!

Wow, you never know.......that could have been very bad news in a bad situation.
    The ammo was a few years old, but no different from the other identical rounds in the magazine.
    Just goes to show you, you never know what's going to happen.
    All the rest of the mag cycled and fired fine.
    Guess I will shot carry ammo and replace it twice a year from now on .

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Just goes to show you, you never know. Generic brass cased Winchester PDX-1, I replaced it with new nickle cased rounds, but for the last year and a half, that first of eleven rounds I had trusted my life upon was a partial dud. First time it has ever happened to me with carry ammo.

Come to think about it, I will detail strip and check the firing pin channel, been carried a lot shot little (bout three range sessions in 2015), and cleaned after each session.

Going to detail strip and clean before taking the wife out to T-day Dinner tonight.

Last edited:

rsaylor8326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2015
    Lake Station
    Yeah that's a good reminder time to shoot and work the rotation. It's nice to actually shoot the high dollar ammo you buy to save you and the family. That ball ammo for the range is a bit different then the Hydro shocks.

Top Bottom