• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    I like Kel-tecs, but not a fan here. Great that it folds and take glock mags, but not a fan of how they shoot. Felt like I was shooting a folding device....not a good thing. I tried to like it, but preferred the Ruger PC9. Picked up an extra 10/22 takedown case and have a nice small travel package.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    MCarbo has some excellent upgrades for the Kel Tec Sub 2000. Probably the stainless feed ramp would be my first priority. Take a look at their site and watch some of the you tube videos.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Oh and the buffer tube foam or rubber tube cover helps with the bolt cycling against your cheek. Not sure where I got mine, but well worth it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Must be a lot of hate for these, have had one in long guns for trade for a while, no offers, oh well, I do like it, and slinging it in my backpack is kinda cool.....

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Must be a lot of hate for these, have had one in long guns for trade for a while, no offers, oh well, I do like it, and slinging it in my backpack is kinda cool.....

If you trade it for money, it will move quickly.:):

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I don't understand the whole "it shoots like a folding device."

I've had two of these and no matter how I shoot them (slow, fast, etc) they work and have yet to malfunction in any way. They're extremely lightweight and portable. They don't look "super cool" or "tacticool" but they perform and share mags with my glock 19. Honestly you don't need many if any upgrades for the gun.

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    I’ve had my 9mm since April and love it. There are some upgrades you can do to make shooting it a little more enjoyable. I added the recoilless charging handle, recoil buffer, bolt tube cover and QD sling mount that M*CARBO offers. I got an assortment of picatinny rails that work with the m lock slots and mounted a cheapie 1200 lumen light. I also used a drill bit and hand drilled the peep sight out a little larger. The inners will will be my next upgrade and then I’ll probably be done.

9758B429-2DA9-40FC-AFFC-A25F552DC3D0.jpg

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    This gun seemed so cool I just had to get one. I shot it a few times, and it shot okay, but I just didn't like it. It seemed cheaply made and I just didn't like it. I sold it and don't regret it.

Loved the idea, just didn't like the gun once I had it.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    This gun seemed so cool I just had to get one. I shot it a few times, and it shot okay, but I just didn't like it. It seemed cheaply made and I just didn't like it. I sold it and don't regret it.

Loved the idea, just didn't like the gun once I had it.

Ive had a few guns like that over the years. My first PCC was a Just Right Carbine 9mm. Wanted one for many months. Finally got one and was pretty blah shooting. Got rid of it pretty soon after. Still like my SU2000 though.

Matt

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I had one for a little bit. I think they are a lot neater in concept than in actual function. The folding feature is cool, but then you can't really mount a red dot without some funky adjustable mount, and the standard open sights on it leave a lot to be desired. Didn't like the reciprocating bolt handle, or its location. Took Glock mags, which is a big reason I bought it. But I bought the gun as an impulse purchase, and only had a passing familiarity with the platform. Had I known that it has a PLASTIC FEED RAMP, I'd have never even considered the gun.

A. Plastic. Feed. Ramp.

:n00b:

Well, I should have known. The thing says "Kel-Tec" right on it.

:):

Sold it and bought a Foxtrot Mike FM-9 braced pistol that is easily twice the gun, for a couple hundred more bucks or so.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I like mine and I've resisted the urge to modify it. One thing I HAVE to fix though that's bugging me is the canted front sight. There's enough windage adjustment to shoot but it bugs me. Has anyone else had to re-time their front sight?

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Thought I would revive this thread instead of making a new one. I picked up my MCarbo Sub 2000 G17 yesterday. Took it home, oiled it up, and headed back to the range to run a couple hundred rounds through it.

I’ve previously owned 3 regular subs in g17 configuration. For me, the MCarbo upgrade was worth it. The sights made a huge difference with the speed of acquiring the target. Trigger was 1,000 times better then the stock trigger. The cheek pad added comfort. Heavier recoil spring aided in recoil management.

Yes I know for most, the sub 2000 is just a cheap plinker. However, for me it’s my battle rifle, so the upgrades were an easy choice.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Funny that you bumped this thread as I just had mine out of the safe the other day. It's a great back backing gun.

The mod bug is starting to bite me bad.

I was thinking, this charging handle needs to be longer & I still need to better align the front sight. While I'm in there, maybe mod that heavy trigger too.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I like mine and I've resisted the urge to modify it. One thing I HAVE to fix though that's bugging me is the canted front sight. There's enough windage adjustment to shoot but it bugs me. Has anyone else had to re-time their front sight?
    I would be careful trying to rotate the FSB. I had a Gen 1 5readed years ago and when I pulled the sight off, it basically had a knurled section and the sight seemed to be molded onto it. If you turn it, it may bust loose and never be solid again. I ended up modifying an AK front sight block and it magically worked for me!

Top Bottom