• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I spent the weekend with Marc Krebs and I had an opportunity to shoot an AK project he's working on. It's a 6.5 Grendel AK that, as we found out, consistently shoots sub-MOA groups using Wolf 6.5 ammo.

The rifle has a heavy barrel and a modified gas system that's a mix between a Sig 550 and a Galil. Other than that, it's all pretty much standard AK. The bolt, carrier, gas piston, trigger, etc. are unmodified. It's built on a milled receiver.

You'll be able to see more of the rifle in a video I'm putting together from the weekend.

I will say, this thing shot great and was very comfortable to shoot. Recoil felt somewhere in between a 5.45x39 and 7.62x39. The heavy barrel really helped tame the felt recoil I think, so it's a real pu$$y cat to shoot given the ballistics 6.5 gives you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT4zh1Vfrio[/ame]

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    No price yet as it's not a finished product. I don't dare even speculate as it's not my place. There will be more testing to be done and now that we've confirmed the rifle is crazy accurate, he will start working on streamlining things and making it look more like a finished product. As it develops, I'll keep you guys posted. Marc needs a range to do his testing on, and it just so happens I have a range he can use. So we plan on doing some more testing out at the MAC Ranch here in the very near future which will give me the ability to keep everyone up to date on the progress of the project.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Still an A..... ahh nevermind. That's pretty impressive. Methinks full-auto has been slackin'. MOAR VIDEOS says I. What say ye?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'd better start saving as I LOVE the 6.5 and when combined with the reliability of the AK platform, this will be a must own for me. The hard part now will be the wait ......

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Still an A..... ahh nevermind. That's pretty impressive. Methinks full-auto has been slackin'. MOAR VIDEOS says I. What say ye?

I agree!! MOAR VIDEOS!!!! :rockwoot::D :rockwoot:

seriously FullAuto your videos are going to get my a divorce yet! My wife has no idea how many more "goodies" I have in mind after watching your vids!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That is pretty incredible results out of that platform. I'm a long time AK pattern fan, but have very little experience with the 6.5. Looking forward to the review. Thanks for sharing.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Krebs 6.5 Ak

I need it soooooo bad! After this is finished, The AK vs AR competition will be over with! Roll up the AR superiority banner and put it to rest!
    Sorry Boys, THE AK RULES! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom