• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    A friend of mine who works at a LGS in St. Louis got an interesting email from Sam of SG Ammo. I guess more geopolitical instability has got ammo makers prioritizing government contracts for big and small guns, not to mention a global sourcing model that's getting shook up.
    1706487377883.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like many chemical processes, manufacturing has been driven from this country by a variety of reasons. Nitration facilities like those found at Hercules and DuPont were starting to go as far back as the 70s when much industrial nitrocellulose was being imported from Bergerac in France. Hercules hung on for a while as the sole domestic supplier of industrial nitrocellulose by getting a tariff imposed, but eventually they quit as well. Everybody loved those big galvanized drums it was shipped in.

I imagine like most chemicals these days it comes from china and india.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Bidenomics and Biden’s bureaucracies have managed to F up every supply chain in the US. Nothing is sacred. Remember the baby formula shortage fiasco? Hopefully somebody will beat Brandon and the Democraps come November. Please dear God!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Demonrats have let the borders become so porous that we may need powder to quell all the CCP, radical muslim brotherhood and gangs. I'm not talking police or NG units either. All patriots with have to carry battle rifles to help. Screw DC. Let it burn...

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Bidenomics and Biden’s bureaucracies have managed to F up every supply chain in the US. Nothing is sacred. Remember the baby formula shortage fiasco? Hopefully somebody will beat Brandon and the Democraps come November. Please dear God!
    Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the aisle for the messed up supply chain. Goes back a lot further than Biden. Started under Nixon and has been downhill ever since.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I take it all with a grain of salt. I believe the component manufactures have not only been effected by bidenomics like the rest of us. They have also learned to surf the shortages, and use the excuse to go beyond their own costs of doing business.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Column A column B. I thought we'd be sad about not getting powder. I had to break down and get some from Cabela's.
    I’ve not bought powder or primers since Sandy Hook. Still shooting as much as I want daily. I tried to tell people back when it was $8/k for primers to stack it deep, but got told that why bother when they could buy it whenever they wanted. I do feel for new shooters, but not for anyone who had the opportunity back then.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I’ve been buying 8# jugs weekly for months. Boutique reloading requires it.

But…. There are still supplies to be had. Mid south had free Hazmat this weekend. And even with the $23.50 they charge, it’s still cheaper to buy and have than search and scrounge.

The time to buy and stockpile has past. The time to buy and stockpile is now. The time to buy and stockpile is always. Cycles tell us this.

Top Bottom