• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Hey there... I'm pretty new to Highland, and I was wondering if the chief will sign off on a suppressor or if I'll have to go with a trust. The chief seemed level-headed enough when I met him for my handgun license, but I didn't bring up the NFA issue.

Anyone in Highland had any luck with either him or the Lake county sheriff? Thanks!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hey there... I'm pretty new to Highland, and I was wondering if the chief will sign off on a suppressor or if I'll have to go with a trust. The chief seemed level-headed enough when I met him for my handgun license, but I didn't bring up the NFA issue.

Anyone in Highland had any luck with either him or the Lake county sheriff? Thanks!

Well, there's your first problem right there... don't know why he makes you meet with him. =(

I would just email him and ask. That's what I did with the Crown Point police chief. I explained what I was doing, what his signature actually meant (that it states that I don't have a record and I'm not in violation of state or local law, and that it WASN'T a permission slip) and asked if he would sign.... that was 5 stamps ago. =)

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I would just email him and ask. That's what I did with the Crown Point police chief. I explained what I was doing, what his signature actually meant (that it states that I don't have a record and I'm not in violation of state or local law, and that it WASN'T a permission slip) and asked if he would sign.... that was 5 stamps ago. =)

Be warned, if your asking a new sheriff or one who has never had to sign off on one before, they make take a little bit to research the law on that. I know in Chesterton for the 1st stamp he took a few days to make sure it wasn't against any local law/ordinances (Not complaining about that. Seemed completely reasonable to me) Usually they are far better on the 2+ one... at this point the only question I get asked is "what did you buy this time?"

Never though I would get so good at/comfortable with getting fingerprinted. I think im on print card 34 for the year :/

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Fair enough, it's worth sending an email to ask. It'll be a little while before a can is in my budget anyways, so I have time to figure it out.

As a backup... anyone have experience with the Lake county Sheriff?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fair enough, it's worth sending an email to ask. It'll be a little while before a can is in my budget anyways, so I have time to figure it out.

If he says he doesn't want to sign, you can always threaten him with the nuclear option.... a trust. =)

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte

Highland is not unincorporated so the LC Sheriff will most likely not sign for you unless you "know" him, it's kind of the like the LTCH, Lake County won't do those for you either because you live in a town/city that has a chief.

Best bet like Ryan said above is a trust, no prints, no pictures, no signature of CLEO. Easy money. I would avoid the nuclear option though.

Top Bottom