• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I can *almost* see some point in it if you rolled around prior to the draw. We had to do something similar in hand to hand training, make yourself dizzy and disoriented before engaging, and I suppose that might be the theory here. Sure seems like you could do it without the gun in your hand if that's true, and if the plan is too really combat egg roll...well, you lost me.

It is nice of you to give the benefit of the doubt, and the guy is clearly a skilled "operator" but in one of the knife videos he did it was obvious that this is a move he feels gains you something. You are thinking of it in the terms of upping the stress and getting some disorientation and then still performing? We have done that in FOF where it is a valid training tool though I am not sure an actual somersault is required.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You are thinking of it in the terms of upping the stress and getting some disorientation and then still performing? We have done that in FOF where it is a valid training tool though I am not sure an actual somersault is required.

Yeah, we had to egg roll up and down a 15 yard lane, then go hand to hand. I remember thinking it was dumb at the time, as all it did was make me want to puke on the guy I was training with. I'm still not sure it had any real advantage over non-dizzying exercise, but I claim no expertise.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Usually, I run around a baseball bat 20 times before I start any type of training.... I figure it trains me for when I have to shoot someone for breaking into my house when I am drunk.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I think you all have missed the point. We all need to practice our shooter face while physically stressed to insure we do not look like an asthmatic turtle with just a pinch between the teeth and gums. :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think you all have missed the point. We all need to practice our shooter face while physically stressed to insure we do not look like an asthmatic turtle with just a pinch between the teeth and gums. :):

That might be an improvement for some of us!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just watched the video... I can do that... the part where he sits down. Now, getting back up kind of looks like a turtle or june bug on it's back, but that is for the advanced training.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    LOL, I guess if I was 'advising' this guy, I'd say, "Look, Mr. Tacticool Ninja Turtle Green-Army-Man if ya HIT what ya SHOOT AT in the FIRST place, ya won't NEED to somersault around on the ground like some whacked-out armadillo". :lmfao:

armadillo.jpg

Top Bottom