• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I have this gun, cant hit a thing with it. (I know it's me and not the gun.)
    I just got a 22 conversion for my 1911 and can't miss with it. I will never be able to get what I paid for the MarkIII new. What I would consider selling it for is what someone could buy a new "bare bones" MarkIII now. So what do I do? Any suggestions would be great.... No I am not going to give to someone:):

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Could be the grip angle. I also found it a little hard to get used to but after a while I got used to it and it was extremely accurate. The weight of the mkIii also may be a factor. I would give it some time.

If you don't get used to it, you might want to look at the 22/45. The Ruger 22/45 is basically a mkiii but lighter due to the polymer frame and it duplicates the grip angle of a 1911.

I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it if that is what you ultimately decide. In fact, pm me if you do.

Good luck.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have this gun, cant hit a thing with it. (I know it's me and not the gun.)
    I just got a 22 conversion for my 1911 and can't miss with it. I will never be able to get what I paid for the MarkIII new. What I would consider selling it for is what someone could buy a new "bare bones" MarkIII now. So what do I do? Any suggestions would be great.... No I am not going to give to someone:):

I have NEVER seen a Ruger Mk III that WASN'T a tack driver...meaning all that I have shot (probably 12-15 different ones) were ALL extremely accurate.

Which set of sites does your version have? They should be adjustable.

Personally, my next .22 handgun will either be a MKIII Hunter model or the Ruger Single 10 revolver.

And i will 2nd the comment, if you decide you don't want it, let me know.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    It is in all likelyhood not the gun. It never is. With that said have you had someone else that is an experienced shoother shoot it? Try it and see how they do with the gun. It isn't impossible that something is screwed up but if they are accurate with the gun at least you know where the problem really is. You may also try shooting from a rest at fairly close range to see where it groups.

Top Bottom